Munich HighEnd 2024

The big Clarisys Auditoriums also are in Hi-Fi Deluxe, I believe.
I heard them at Munich last year and I wasn't impressed with the build quality or sound.

However, the build quality is now definitely up. A very good thing to see.

The Minuet showed up later and it had been broken in properly. It sounded good, less scale than my souped up Duettas and broadly equivalent in sound quality I would say.

No idea of price but I am sure it is well beyond what my Duettas cost.

Still, a very decent effort coming out of Clarisys now I am pleased to say.

IMG20240510161500.jpg

A word for the CAT JL7SE being a decent Clarisys driver, cos it obviously is.

1000005499.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SCAudiophile
Thanks for your updates, Marty, much appreciated.

"Has anyone ever heard bad sound at a Von Scweikert/ VAC room? This was no exception."

I did, at AXPONA 2017.
I did each year at Munich till 2019, after which I haven’t been. Think it played in two or three years before. On videos in 2019 people correctly preferred the same track played on the Verity with zesto, which I had recorded at the show

Ked didn't pay up but what the hell.

System sounded a lot better after this was taken due to significant volume uplift.

I’ve heard diesis a few times at rhapsody
never with subs. sounds Amazing to me.
they look really well in person and then when played
It’s very fast
thanks for the videos

This is a great realistic sound
the piano is wonderful vocals layered
this makes tubes shine
thanks

Reactions: Zero000
The piccolo on cat was much better then larger Clarysis to me
but this is my opinion
I don't think I would really concur with that view long term with both pairs to compare in my own room over a long period of time.

The Piccolo requires a low seating position to get the best out of it, no question IMHO.

What is interesting about the Piccolo is that bass panel shape works, or at least appears to from what I heard.

Yes seating is critical I agree
what stood to me was huge room at axpona
and when I got closer It was them.
Seemed to have a lot more life and presence then the large one had in that room

Yes seating is critical I agree
what stood to me was huge room at axpona
and when I got closer It was them.
Seemed to have a lot more life and presence then the large one had in that room
Yeah. The larger ones did sound less lively, no question.

But that's a short term call based on very little exposure with the speakers playing completely different material.

More volume on the bigger ones with some more dynamic material for them may result in a change of mind. Nothing they played on the bigger ones had much life in the recordings themselves. At least in my judgement.

Reactions: Alrainbow
BTW the aluminium struts on the Minueto bass panel are not removable. I asked. I am not a fan of them and would want to remove them.

The Piccolo struts are a better compromise I think but again I would want to lose them. Ain't gonna happen

No kids or pets allowed in my listening room;)

Thinking about it if you ask they might be able to make a pair without them.

I returned today to see my assessment improved. It did not. If Louis Armstrong were alive today to hear the speakers reproduce the well trodden audiophile classic, St. James infirmary he would’ve died a quick death from embarrassment.. And I thought horn production was supposed to be a strength of horn loud speakers? His horn came from somewhere within the space of about 20 ft.², no matter where I listened. Instrumental tone was simply unimpressive from bottom to the near top, at which point the ribbon tweeter may have saved them a bit. Just not my cup of tea I guess. But they sure are pretty.
I very much agree.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing