Movies You'd Like To See on Blu-Ray.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Knotts is really under rated as a comic actor. A whole generation probably only knows him from Three's Company.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Henry Limpet: What if I told you I used to be a human being?

Ladyfish: I don't care how terrible your past was, Limpet.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Bridge On The River Kwai.
The Great Escape
Judgement At Nuremburg
To Kill A Mockingbird

Hitchcock' "Psycho" is being released October 19, 2010, so that takes care of my other choice.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I would like to see the two greatest racing movies IMHO...Grand Prix and Le Mans.
Not sure if 'Thunderball' or 'Dr.No' or 'From Russia with love' is on Blu-Ray but I would think they would be great also.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
I would like to see the two greatest racing movies IMHO...Grand Prix and Le Mans.
Not sure if 'Thunderball' or 'Dr.No' or 'From Russia with love' is on Blu-Ray but I would think they would be great also.
Grand Prix was released on HDDVD and should make it to BD at some point. All three of those Bonds are on BD.

Here's the question: did Shane (Alan Ladd) die as he rode off??
You know, I've squinted and squinted and I can't see him fall off his horse.

As for things I'd like to see:
Best Years of Our Lives
Lawrence of Arabia (perpetually forthcoming)
Ben Hur (ditto)
Double Indemnity
The Great Escape
Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom
The Incredibles
Various Hitchcock
Looney Tunes (the few already released as bonus material are incredible!)

and many, many more. Problem is, they're mostly recondite catalog and will likely never see the light of day. Still waiting for Sitting Pretty on legit DVD(!)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I remember seeing Shane as a young child and getting a lump in my throat and tears swelling as he yelled "Shane don't go, Shane don't go"

FWIW I named my second son Shane because that name had such an impacton me

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Take one look at Casablanca and you see that black and white films also shine on Blu-ray. Film has resolution above blu-ray let alone DVD: color or not.

Hmmm, film is analogue, DVD and Blu-ray are digital. An echo od the vinyl vs digital debate? ;-) (GRND)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

These are all available on Blu-ray and have been for some time now.

John

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Second on Double Indemnity

The original Postman Always Rings Twice would go nicely with that one.

Also:

Midnight Run

Miami Blues

When Harry Met Sally

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing