Motorola Droid 2

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
As expected, the replacement for the original Droid is out. Here is one review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2367795,00.asp

I bought one for my son a couple of days ago. If you recall, I owned the original Droid and replaced with it with the Droidx. I gave the old Droid to my son but something has gone wrong with it and occasionally it goes nuts. With him going away to college, I wanted something reliable for him. I went to Verizon store but the Droidx was backordered by two weeks. But Droid 2 was in stock so that is what I bought for him.

I did not get a chance to play with it much. But they definitely have fixed the keyboard. And the OS is the upgraded one on my DroidX which is a big improvement over the original version on Droid.

That said, now that I am used to Droidx, the smaller screen looks drab and clusterphobic on Droid 2. It is hard going back as they say :).

I asked the salesguy who bought which and why. He said women tended to like the Droid 2 because it is easier for them to hold and fits in their tight pants better than men! I tend to agree. Holding them side-by-side, Droid 2 is much more comfortable to hold when making calls. Your fingers nice wrap around Droid 2. But on Droidx, they barely go around and I have really long fingers.

So I think that should be the deciding factor.

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California
Interesting. I will probably switch out of Blackberry to an Android when the time comes.

Most of my geek friends own the Droid 1 and are very pleased. They just ignore the lousey keyboard. I wonder how the new Blackberry (also a touch screen with sliding keyboard) will fare in the face of the Droid 2. I think given recent news exposure that the notion that BB alone is immune from government monitoring is pretty much dashed. BB probably still has a casual eavsdropping edge, though?

My wife eventually switched reluctantly from the iPhone 4 because we apparently live in a AT&T black hole (right in the middle of town :confused:) and the 4's reception was worse than the original 2007 iPhone. It sealed its fate by dropping a couple of really important calls in the first week of operation. I got her the Droid X and she is very, very pleased and impressed...The battery life which I was worried about is just not a problem.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing