Ml stament for sale on audiogon

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
From those pictures they look a bit large for the room they are in.:eek:

Too bad they are pretty beat up. For over 100k new you would think they could afford to use something other than plastic in their construction.

Anyone hear these in person? I've read good things about their sound in the past.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
If you are referring to the bases, I believe they are a filled composite resin like corian.

I have heard these and they are nothing less than spectacular.

If they are in as good condition as the seller states, someone is getting a great speaker system.

I do have one IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Where are the photos of the woofer modules and what about the external EXOS crossover??

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think they debuted at $70K. The best speaker I ever heard.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
would luv to hear those speakers...the stuff of legend. And at that price...if they are perfect working condition...someone could end up with deal of the year.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
History of Martin Logan

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
History of Martin Logan

so presume they no longer make the Statement, even on custom order basis? I agree with their statement on the video...it is still possibly their most talked about product.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just curious...if someone buys this...how do you get it maintained, fixed going forward? Presumably ML will continue to look after owners? And is there a lot of maintenance that only ML can handle...or like woofer cone replacement, can a proper tech or local ML dealer have their local audiotech fix most things?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The Statement e2 has been out of production since about 2005 or 6.

It went out of production after M-L was sold to ShoreView Industries in 2005. I believe Gayle Martin Sanders and Ron Logan Sutherland are still there.

It is not available by special order unless M-L has recently changed their mind.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The Statement E2 has been out of production since the mid 2000's.

It is not available buy special order unless M-L has recently changed their mind.

Thanks...if it is that recent, i imagine they are fully prepared to service Statements from 2nd hand owners of older products.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The price seems good for what I remember hearing from those. One would need suitable room and amplification. I see this as a project for an adventurous and knowledgeable person ...
JonFo where are You? :D

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Such a backlash occurred when ML announced it would not support vintage products, then ML did an about face. Product support should include new panels. I would not be surprised if this pair needed a new pair.

Last edited:

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
The Statement e2 has been out of production since about 2005 or 6.

It went out of production after M-L was sold to ShoreView Industries in 2005. I believe Gayle Martin Sanders and Ron Logan Sutherland are still there.

It is not available by special order unless M-L has recently changed their mind.

Ron left way back in the 80's, and Gayle left when he sold out to ShoreView.

No special orders for this model, as they have moved most of the production to Canada. They still can produce and deliver replacement panels for it, and can provide replacement drivers for mids and woofers.

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
The price seems good for what I remember hearing from those. One would need suitable room and amplification. I see this as a project for an adventurous and knowledgeable person ...
JonFo where are You? :D

Price is indeed good. But the e2's are too big for my room. Monoliths are about as big as will fit/perform well.

No question that as placed in those pictures, the owner was not hearing what that system can actually do. I bet it sounded bad even (maybe why they are being sold).

The e2 requires a big room (> 20' wide by > 30' long) and appropriately treated. I've only seen one e2 installation I though made sense, all the rest are improperly placed or downright screw-ups of the worst order. One even put the bass cabinets in a damn closet!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing