McLennan system

McLennan

May 19, 2015
Frankfurt/Germany
Hello everyone,

here is a glimpse at my one and only living room system. The components are listed in my signature.
Our living is rather big, 65sqm, but the S3's are doing really well.
They are placed 3.20m/10.5ft apart, which is also nearly exactly the distance to my listening position on the sofa.

Acoustic room treatment ist from CAS, originally made to reduce RT in office spaces, but they work perfectly well in my room

The sideboard is from Molteni, an Italian company which builds marvelous Multi-Media furniture, all cables vanish in a gap between wall and the sideboard.
My CD's are in the drawers, all my vinyl is in another sideboard at the back of the room.

So the stereo-system fits quite well in the room, gives me a high WAF for my hobby!

Shortly I will replace the preamp and power amp from Ayre with their new AX5 20 (Sort of upgrading and downsizing in one step..)

I really love my Bauer dps3 with its 3-phase motor drive unit, beautifully made, really good sounding with the SME V and the Benz Gullwing SLR

Power comes from a dedicated fuse (http://www.audiophiles-hifi.de/shop/artikeldet.php?proid=363&sid=c5d45b21a9aaecb3b59d69549ac4dd5f), power distribution is from HMS Elektronik, Cables are from Audioplan, HMS, Nordost Tyr XLR interconnects, and Nordost Frey speaker cables

McLennan_System-6.jpg

McLennan_System-15.jpg

McLennan_System-19.jpg

McLennan_System-25.jpg

McLennan_System-2.jpg

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Stunning room. I like anyone who spins London Calling, Jack DeJohnette and Kenny Burrell ;)

McLennan

May 19, 2015
Frankfurt/Germany
Thanks for the positive feedback!

The record with Jack DeJohnette is Keith Jarrett, Still Live, with Gary Peacock on Bass.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Beautiful system Jan. And no doubt, great sounding.

You have said it and I missed it :), but how do you play the content from the MacBook?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Welcome to the best forum on the net. You have a beautiful room and system.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gorgeous home with a gorgeous system in it. Welcome to WBF Jan :)

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
What a fantastic room

McLennan

May 19, 2015
Frankfurt/Germany
Hello Lee, Jack, Peter and Armirn

Thanks for Your kind feedback.
Armirn, on my MacBook, I use amarra for playback of my HiRes files.
Peter, I really enjoy Your videos from AV Showrooms, I was standing right beside You at Munich HighEnd 2014 when You've been recording the demo of the Magico Ultimate III, an Impressive experience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing