Maxwell Street Alley Blues

Don-RMGI

Mar 30, 2019
80 miles Southwest of Chicago,
Hello, we are releasing the Big John Wrencher, Maxwell Street Alley Blues. I will post additional details tomorrow about the history of the album. Pre-order pricing is $99.00 for the 1/4 track and $250.00 for the 2 track 2 tape version. These are from RMGI not Delmark. You can message me if interested. The copies are made from a safety of the master.

Attachments

• Maxwell St. Front.jpg
    Maxwell St. Front.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 15
  • Maxwell St. Back.jpg
    Maxwell St. Back.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: NorthStar

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I could not resist and ordered this one too :)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Great, will be waiting for the tracking number then :)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
No news, I don’t think they have been shipped.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I just got an email with a tracking number, so I guess today the tapes will be on their way towards us...

Reactions: NorthStar
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
finally listened to my copies yesterday
not a very good recording but quite typical of the music, the time and the venue
reminds me of old John Mayall recordings
very present...
nice tight bass lines, varying ambience and acoustics(as expected)
can sound pretty hard/live in hf, especially if you dare to turn up to live level, which of course you´ll do with a full range hornsystem like mine
but then again, this is probably pretty much how it sounded there, back then...
recommended more for authentisity and music, than sota sound
best
Leif

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing