Marten Mingus Septet speakers

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The new Marten Mingus Septet speakers was launched during the 2023 Highend Munich Show. Delivery of the Septet has started already. Has anyone received the Septet speakers? What are your listening experience so far.
Mingus-Septet-finishes-zebrano-1.png

Reactions: Sampajanna

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
marten8-2.jpg

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Epic. I am sure they sound gorgeous. I know the carbon is good for sound, but I am still partial to the wood of my MK I Mingus :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We have a Septet , Parker and Oscar Trios incoming.

Reactions: sujay

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Epic. I am sure they sound gorgeous. I know the carbon is good for sound, but I am still partial to the wood of my MK I Mingus :)
The Coltrane series models all have carbon fibre cabinets. The Mingus series use specially selected, medium-density fibreboard with optimum rigidity to create high-quality, resonance-free cabinets. The original Mingus Quintet MK I have a choice of polished walnut piano finish or piano black finish, however the later Mingus models only have piano black finishes.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I see. Well, I like the walnut finish :)

Reactions: Easy Gliders

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
My Mingus Septet should be coming in about 2 weeks time. I have not heard the Septet, but my friends who listened to them at the Munich Highend Show said they are very good - quite a bit better than the Quintet.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I am sure. They look spectacular. I have heard lots of Marten speakers in lots of systems with different electronics and while there is better and worse based on those differences, they all sounded great to me. If I were to upgrade my speakers, it would be within Marten as well. I do love the walnut design much much more than the black with wooden caps on top, but that is of course personal and it is not as if the new design is ugly per se.

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am sure. They look spectacular. I have heard lots of Marten speakers in lots of systems with different electronics and while there is better and worse based on those differences, they all sounded great to me. If I were to upgrade my speakers, it would be within Marten as well. I do love the walnut design much much more than the black with wooden caps on top, but that is of course personal and it is not as if the new design is ugly per se.
Maybe Marten can custom make a walnut piano finish for you!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Please let us know how they sound!
They arrived last night and are still in their flight cases. I opted to burn in the Parker Trio DE first with a CH Precision I1. Very, very good out of the box.

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
They arrived last night and are still in their flight cases. I opted to burn in the Parker Trio DE first with a CH Precision I1. Very, very good out of the box.
Your Mingus Septet also arrived? Are they in flight cases or paper boxes?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Flight cases with a built in ramp so you can roll them out on their casters.

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Flight cases with a built in ramp so you can roll them out on their casters.
That is good. Did you have to special order for the flight cases for the Septet?
I thought they originally come in wooden boxes?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No I didn't. It could be that I got flight cases because I am a distributor and this makes home demos much, much easier. Even the flight cases themselves have casters. Then again it could just be the way all Septets are sent out of the factory. The Parkers and Oscars came in boxes though as expected given their lower weight.

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No I didn't. It could be that I got flight cases because I am a distributor and this makes home demos much, much easier. Even the flight cases themselves have casters. Then again it could just be the way all Septets are sent out of the factory. The Parkers and Oscars came in boxes though as expected given their lower weight.
Thanks.

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I received my Mingus Septet Statement Edition towards end of December 2023. They are pretty much burnt in by now. Sounds very transparent, detailed and dynamic. Transient response is super fast with deep low bass. Pipe organ low frequencies were reproduced with authority, vocal is thick with well placed instruments in a deep and wide soundstage.
The Mingus Septet is quite a step up from the Mingus Quintet 2 in terms of deep bass and mid to high clarity or transparency.
IMG-20240321-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20240321-WA0002.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations! I just delivered Septet Sig Eds to their happy owner a few weeks ago. You describe them the way I heard them. I miss babysitting these speakers. I was genuinely sad when I had to pack them up for delivery.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Congratulations! I am sure they sound incredible! Enjoy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing