Marijuana

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Can't find the earlier thread on the legalisation of pot in Colorado but was fascinated to read today that the budget bill passed by Congress prohibits the legalisation of marijuana by the District of Columbia!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I can imagine the only thing worse than our government is our government stoned! :D Then again, maybe not.... :)

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
If medical marijuana helps people in pain, fine, but after observing the pot heads here in the Islands for over 25 years, I agree with these findings:

http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/short-and-long-term-effects.html

We have massive prescription drug addiction, and alcoholism. Why single out Marijuana for criminalization? Anyone over 18 should be free to fry their brain if they so desire. The vast majority of recreational users (I know many) will never have a problem in their lifetime.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I think all drugs should be decriminalized, but in this case I think the action by Congress was more local than national, since in many ways it functions as a "state legislature" for D.C.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I think all drugs should be decriminalized, but in this case I think the action by Congress was more local than national, since in many ways it functions as a "state legislature" for D.C.
Yes appreciate that, but I suspect it was included to placate some interests in order to get their vote.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can imagine the only thing worse than our government is our government stoned! :D Then again, maybe not.... :)

It's not like anythng is being done anyway.....I say Brownies for them all!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing