Mare of Easttown: Official Trailer | HBO

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just finished watching this 7 part mini series starring Cate Winslet who was also executive producer

This is a classic murder mysteries with some terrific twists in the final episode.

Each episode is an hour and the story is well told although a little long in some areas. Nonetheless it was a fun watch for us and held our attention throughout. I thought from episode one I had the killer pegged but episode 7 is the denouement

On HBO

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I really enjoyed this. To me, this is a character study of Mare in a murder/mystery wrapper. I know there is a lot of discussion on line about the various plot twists, etc. (don't want to give anything away), but I think the real story is how someone deals with loss.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
As someone who has lived my entire life in the area where the show was shot, I must say they did a great job capturing those parts of the area and the people too.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Kate Winslet in this role has grown up. No longer the heart throb in those comedic films from years ago. In this she looks and appears as a frumpy middle class detective who has nailed the Pennsylvania accent.

For us, this was the best series we have watched in months

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I thought Kate Winslet was brilliant in the show. Having said this I thought the best actor in the show was the gal who played Lori

Julianne Nicholson. Terrific actress.

Reactions: Steve Williams

RDSChicago

Nov 12, 2013
Just finished it last night. Excellent! I was hesitant to start the series as the subject matter looked depressing. But I am so glad I watched it. Binged it in three seatings. Highly recommended and I agree Julie Nicholson and Cate’s. mom, Jean Smart, we’re both excellent. The latter was also excellent in Watchmen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing