Manufacturers: Stories of Great Service

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We all have heard complaints about bad service. Who has stories of great service? We've got Magico, Wilson. I have nothing but superlatives for Zanden, CJ and Gryphon who have looked after me for years. Stories to follow.

There is nothing like attention from the top...makes you feel like the whole company is supporting you. Lew Johnson, Flemming Rasmussen and Yamada San have all communicated directly when I have questions, needed repairs or needed advice on older products where their company was not making any fees anymore...but where it was purely support. And they always made me feel welcome to ask questions or seek help, as if I had bought a brand new unit.

And when it came to upgrade...I stuck with each of these firms. 2 generations with Zanden and Gryphon and 3 generations so far with CJ.

I dropped liquid in my equipment once...idiot. I got an email back on a Saturday nite, 3-day weekend from Flemming...not to worry he said. service was on the phone Monday....shipment went out to them Wed and the unit was back the following week after 3 days of testing. So far so perfect! That was a year ago.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Red Wine Audio. Vinnie Rossi mopped my brow with supportive emails while an install glitch plagued my initial experience of his batt psu for my Straingauge cart. They covered the extra carriage costs 100% of delivery back from the US to UK, and engendered a really positive feeling that things would work out, cemented by the brilliant performance of the finally delivered/working product. 5 star company.
Fraser Robertson of Kog Audio, the UK distributor for Entreq grounding is the most enthusiastic person I've ever met in audio, up there in life generally. Could have lapsed into hard sell at demo with the initial black magic aura of the experience, but went above and beyond to provide the circumstances for me to get the best out of what can be a complicated option.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing