Magic Johnson Now a Part Owner in the Washington Commanders

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The NFL owners voted unanimously Thursday to approve the sale of the team to a group led by billionaire Josh Harris that includes Johnson, the five-time NBA champion. The group is taking ownership of the Commanders from embattled owner Daniel Snyder for a record $6.05 billion.

Magic is spreading his wings between basketball, baseball and now the NFL

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Noone ever said Dan Snyder was a bad businessman. Over a %600return on the groups initial purchase price IIRC. if they have any change in their pocket I hear a baseball team is for sale.
Snyder got off to a bad start and never recovered. His most unpopular move. Using his power to prevent tcket holders from parking off site and walking across public property to get to the stadium.
I don't know who will pay for it but it is time to build a new stadium with a retractible roof at the old RFK site.
Yes, In think Magic is the first Black owner.

Last edited:

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I don't know who will pay for it but it is time to build a new stadium with a retractible roof at the old RFK site.
Yes, In think Magic is the first Black owner.
I'm sure the local government/city/county will contribute a large pot of money to a new stadium.

There are a few other minority owners I the NFL.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
NFL ownership has no African-Americans represented at all. Only two of the 32 NFL owners are minorities. However, neither of them are African-American. For that matter, the NFL has never had a black owner in its 102-year history.Feb 5, 2022

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
NFL ownership has no African-Americans represented at all. Only two of the 32 NFL owners are minorities. However, neither of them are African-American. For that matter, the NFL has never had a black owner in its 102-year history.Feb 5, 2022
I believe what you mean is no African American majority owner. There are a few minority owners. Venus and Serena Williams own a minority stake in the Miami Dolphins.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I believe what you mean is no African American majority owner. There are a few minority owners. Venus and Serena Williams own a minority stake in the Miami Dolphins.
lol. one day I am going to purchase a share of stock in all the big tech companies. Not to worry. The NFL could do better, but Lamar Jackson probably makes more in basic salary than Tom Brady did.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
lol. one day I am going to purchase a share of stock in all the big tech companies. Not to worry. The NFL could do better, but Lamar Jackson probably makes more in basic salary than Tom Brady did.
Sorry I have no idea what your point is?

If you are saying the NFL could do a lot better with ownership. I agree.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Sorry I have no idea what your point is?

If you are saying the NFL could do a lot better with ownership. I agree.
[minority ownership]

Reactions: bryans

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing