Madfloyd's system

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It looks great, Ian! I really look forward to hearing the system!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Great pics

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats on a very impressive system. Love the decor. I see my fav Cao Ila lurking in the corner.
Would love to get your impressions of the Kronos Pro as I may be headed in that direction
Pradeep

Pradeep, it's an incredible turntable. Of course I can't compare it to its competitors - only my TW Acustik which was a lower model than what you have. Never have I heard so much detail, refinement and energy all together like I've experienced with the Kronos. It is a pleasure to use. The only downside is that you can only have one tonearm.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
What ended up happening with the Vierro cables??

Same question here. Why the shift to the Kubala Sosna? Not that I doubt how fantastic they are, but I got the impression you where happy with the viero...

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Ian
Many thanks for your comments and endorsement of the Kronos. As an ex TW owner your words obviously carry conviction . I should be headed towards a Kronos if only my local dealer will oblige
Cheers
Pradeep

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Beautifull system / room .
The unevenness will be the problem imo as stated before by others , isnt it possible to close the open space a bit by hanging a heavy curtain between room / kitchen to create more of a closed listening space , if its to much absorption maybe something a little more reflective /diffusive

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Whoa, that's some system. Where did you get that awesome piano painting?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
The piano and sax paintings are by a Quebec painter who developed this cool tremolo (shaking) style.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thanks, Bob. The cons of it not being a dedicated room are easily offset by the atmosphere and the fact that it sounds very good from the kitchen.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
This is a very beautiful system and home....you must enjoy it very much! I love all the vinyl in full view; one favorite is the LP for AQUALUNG!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
This is a very beautiful system and home....you must enjoy it very much! I love all the vinyl in full view; one favorite is the LP for AQUALUNG!

Thank you!

prerich

May 21, 2012
"sigh" I must remember that envy is a sin!!!! This is one mean system!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing