M&K Realtime D2D

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi Myles, the link leads to a pair of purple Thiels.

Hi Myles, the link leads to a pair of purple Thiels.

Sorry have lost the link and didn't have it in my watch list since found it just before auction was ending. It didn't sell so will see if relisted.

I haven't seen that one before alright. Price IS steep. Hmmmm, but now I'm wondering if it's any good music wise!

Myles, the actual title of this album is called The Yeti Chasers and is RT-822 on the M&K catalog. A sample cut called 'I've Got My Fingers Crossed' can be found in the M&K Super Sampler LP which I have but have not listened to this Yeti cut. I'll try to give it a listen tomorrow though this sampler LP is not direct to disc. I've seen the Yeti album on sale years ago but never got to pick it up. Dunno why, maybe 1930s music is just too way out of my time. ;)

The sampler is here: (apparently from the same seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-K-SUPER-SAMPL...6933681?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item56452052b1

Myles, the actual title of this album is called The Yeti Chasers and is RT-822 on the M&K catalog. A sample cut called 'I've Got My Fingers Crossed' can be found in the M&K Super Sampler LP which I have but have not listened to this Yeti cut. I'll try to give it a listen tomorrow though this sampler LP is not direct to disc. I've seen the Yeti album on sale years ago but never got to pick it up. Dunno why, maybe 1930s music is just too way out of my time. ;)

The sampler is here: (apparently from the same seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-K-SUPER-SAMPL...6933681?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item56452052b1

Thanks, yes I have the sampler and will have to listen to that cut.

I played the cut earlier from the Yeti Chasers and it was just that - 1930s swing/ragtime/dixieland jazz music. Reminds me of Ry Cooder's JAZZ album. The sampler cut was taken from tape and not D2D so I imagine the D2D will have greater sonics.

I played the cut earlier from the Yeti Chasers and it was just that - 1930s swing/ragtime/dixieland jazz music. Reminds me of Ry Cooder's JAZZ album. The sampler cut was taken from tape and not D2D so I imagine the D2D will have greater sonics.

Haven't played the LP in a while but remember it sounding a bit fuzzier, darker and less articulated than the D2D.

Now you know why people said the worst mistake in audio was not going from tape to LP but from D2D to tape :) The ability to mass produce an item drives the market again.

Haven't played the LP in a while but remember it sounding a bit fuzzier, darker and less articulated than the D2D.

Now you know why people said the worst mistake in audio was not going from tape to LP but from D2D to tape :) The ability to mass produce an item drives the market again.

Agreed, Myles. I played the sampler once for a friend and he asked me immediately, 'why does it sound so muffled?' I told him it's because he had heard the D2D before and that stuck into his ears. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing