Last foster kittens for 2012

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I have two feral kittens that I'm trying to socialize. These little girls will take a while. They *can* be socialized since they are not vicious - just unused to, and wary of humans. Waving turkey around helps a lot but I've had a little bit of a set-back. One of them caught a cold and passed it to the other - who did not throw it off... and the other had ear mites... which means, I am dosing both with antibiotics and ear drops. It's like kids. One catches a cold and they could end up passing it back and forth!

H&I_Week2.jpg

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Carol,

So cute. You are a good foster mommy. Thanks!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
God bless you!

That "shelter" cold that gets passed around is so sad! But sure they'll kick it with good food, proper medicine and a lot of love!

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hmm... realised that I never did update this. I named them Holly (tabby) and Ivy (tuxedo) as I figured I'd have them over Christmas. :) Well, when I sent Ivy for her spay (the little tart was raising her rear to my grown femmes) I showed a couple small spots on an ear that had popped up to the lady that runs the rescue - Ring Worm! So she put her in isolation and treatment. If ring worm caught a foot hold in my house, that would be the end of fostering for me. That was in December.

A full month later, Holly developed a spot. So she was taken and they are keeping each other company again until they are symptom free.

I ended up doing a lot of hot-water & bleach washing, vacuuming with baking soda and wiping stuff down with mild bleach solutions. Neither of my grown cats have picked it up, so we think I am in the clear, and... kitten season is coming around again. I shall have more kittens to foster in a couple of months.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have 3 dogs and 4 cats, and 3 of the 4 cats showed up at my door and declared they were home. The most recent addition was from a litter that was dumped and rescued by someone my wife works with. His name is Donny and he is a hell raiser.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Be aware that rescuing animals has its pitfalls.

By the way, I'll make you a deal. I'll swap six rescued dogs for the kitten on the left. :D

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Bob, you went stir crazy at what's best penitentiary. Them's liquor.

Nah, those are bottles of shampoo for the cats. ...Just look very carefully by zooming on them; you'll see.

Mike's right. My sister makes liqueurs (cordials in the US).... and those bottles look like her "stash".

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Be aware that rescuing animals has its pitfalls.

By the way, I'll make you a deal. I'll swap six rescued dogs for the kitten on the left. :D

Holly is a little doll!

Attachments

• Holly.jpg
    Holly.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Holly_Morning.jpg
    Holly_Morning.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 53

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Both Holly and Ivy have been microchipped and adopted out to a barn home on Whidbey island. IF they hadn't had all these setbacks - cold / mites / fungal disease, we might have been able to tame them to the extent that they would have been adoptable to an inside home. However, with kitten season nigh upon us, their time simply ran out.

You can't save them all, and you can't tame them all. They do love people, they love the contact and I can see in a year or so, they will be cuddling up to their care-takers and wanting inside the nice warm kitchen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing