LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

I am breaking in the 802 as well and have found them to be a refinement as well, especially in the bass. I think the upgrade is commensurate to the change from OS1 to rs1003

Laszlo has kindly sent me demos of both ef802 and the subminitures to evaluate. I’ll post my findings on both here and the Baltic thread. The tubes they will be replacing in the 6sn7 position are Valvo e83f in xuling adapters. For greater context, the rectifier is a Tungsram pv4200 from Viennese factory and the output tubes (not directly relevant to H dacs) are Tungsram nickel e80cc. The latter have a neutral and linear high resolution character, so people can correlate them stylistically with their own output tubes.

Reactions: Blake and takacs75
Laszlo’s package arrived yesterday and I must say they look lovely! The ef802 are unused, so I immediately slapped them in for a week of burn in before any critical listening. The subminiature microphone tubes alongside look tiny yet exquisite. Based on what Laszlo tells me, they should be an interesting listening proposition and are great value. Since the tubes have flying leads, they are soldered directly into the base and avoid having another base / socket interface to navigate. Given our experiences of how different adapters can impact sound quality, this augers well.

IMG_0398.jpeg

Laszlo’s package arrived yesterday and I must say they look lovely! The ef802 are unused, so I immediately slapped them in for a week of burn in before any critical listening. The subminiature microphone tubes alongside look tiny yet exquisite. Based on what Laszlo tells me, they should be an interesting listening proposition and are great value. Since the tubes have flying leads, they are soldered directly into the base and avoid having another base / socket interface to navigate. Given our experiences of how different adapters can impact sound quality, this augers well.

View attachment 130362
The small “microphone” tubes look interesting- what type of tubes are they?

View attachment 130362
You are in for a real treat Mark. For me having tried them all including the much lauded and heretofore my very favorite TFKN c3gs, this TFKN ef802 is end game. ...not too hot, not too cold but "just right"

Reactions: Sablon Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing