Lamm ML3 + LL1, at last!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
I never asked him, but he has had these speakers for about ten years, and he seems very pleased with the Karmas. They sound excellent. I never think about asking the owner of some system I just heard for the first time if he ever considered different speakers. That seems like a very odd thing to discuss.

Lots of presumptions here Ron. The owner was a good friend of Vladimir’s for years and I think before he met David. He may not have bought his electronics from David at all. I don’t even know what people mean by someone curating a system. I think the owner chose the components and David helped him with set up at some point. Meril555 might know more about this.

You could always start a thread about your speculation, but the owner of the Karmas seems quite happy with the sound of his system. The combination he chose sounds excellent as reported by two WBF members who’ve actually heard the combination.
That's correct Peter.
I was there with the owner at Vlad's place when the deal was negotiated and most certainly David had not been part of that deal . And to the best of my recollection that was before he ever met David the first time, and before he got his Kharmas.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
That's correct Peter.
I was there with the owner at Vlad's place when the deal was negotiated and most certainly David had not been part of that deal . And to the best of my recollection that was before he ever met David the first time, and before he got his Kharmas.

Thank you for setting the record straight, Maril555. It just astonishes me how people like to speculate and make suggestions about things they have never heard sitting comfortably tapping the phone.

Frankly such speculation and input is a bit strange coming from a reviewer/dealer.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
Thank you for setting the record straight, Maril555. It just astonishes me how people like to speculate and make suggestions about things they have never heard sitting comfortably tapping the phone.

Frankly such speculation and input is a bit strange coming from a reviewer/dealer.
Same goes for the parallel discussion on the "Absolute Nothing" TT. Opinions based on "absolutely nothing" issued by people who have very limited to no information on the design and the implementation, and NEVER hearing TT in person.
Truly astonishing.

Reactions: PeterA

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It just astonishes me how people like to speculate and make suggestions about things they have never heard sitting comfortably tapping the phone.

Blame the www. / to much time on their hands
I blame their boss as well ( that is if they have a job) they should be obliged to leave the phone in a locker upon entering the workspace ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing