Kondo vs Allnic

Vinylfan

Jan 12, 2019
Wondering if anyone has had any experience comparing Allnic vs Kondo phono stages. I currently have an Allnic 7000. I am using a Kondo G70 pre and also using an external SUT, Kondo sfz.
Any thoughts on which level of Kondo phono would be recommended. Currently using a Ortofon Verismo Cartridge.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I heard Allnic and all Kondo phonos but not side by side. IMHO any Kondo phono will be just fine but GE-1 would be more appropriate for G-70. If you decide to switch to Kondo phono I recommend you to find a trio of GE 6072 black plates, square getter, triple mica tubes. Additionally I believe using all silver Kondo headshell wires, inner cable for tonearm, tonearm cable and interconnects is a must for that combo to really sing.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wondering if anyone has had any experience comparing Allnic vs Kondo phono stages. I currently have an Allnic 7000. I am using a Kondo G70 pre and also using an external SUT, Kondo sfz.
Any thoughts on which level of Kondo phono would be recommended. Currently using a Ortofon Verismo Cartridge.

the Allnic recti in 7000 needs to be changed to KR 5u4g

but more importantly at that budget you need to try the Allnic 8000

Vinylfan

Jan 12, 2019
Ah, the life of an audiophile! It's like being on an endless quest for the Holy Grail of sound. But, instead of knights and dragons, we tackle a myriad of cables, components, and - let's face it - a significant blow to the bank balance. After spending sometime with the Kondo, I jumped ship from my trusty Allnic H7000 phonostage to the grandeur of the Kondo GE 10i. Was it worth it? Absolutely !
1. First Impressions
Upon unboxing the Kondo, one can't help but to hum the 2001: A Space Odyssey theme. As for the Allnic? Think more along the lines of Indiana Jones. Both have their charm. But where Indy is rugged and whip-smart, the Kondo is like a monolith: mysterious and commanding respect.
2. Aesthetic Appeal
While the Allnic had an industrial, ready-to-do-business look, the Kondo Ge 10i is more of a "Look at me”! It has that elegant, refined appearance.
3. Sound Dynamics
The Allnic H7000 is no slouch. It's like a well-trained opera singer, hitting all the right notes with precision. But the Kondo? Imagine that singer just got a pep talk from Pavarotti, a massage, and maybe a dose of adrenaline. It's a deeper, richer, and more "alive" sound.
4. The Price of Perfection
Yes, the Kondo might have made my wallet wince, but as they say, "Pain is temporary; glory is forever."
5. Final Verdict
The jump from Allnic H7000 to the Kondo Ge 10i is like going from driving a luxury sedan to piloting a spaceship. Both will get you there with style, but one just does it with a bit more pizzazz and other-worldly flair.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sorry, has the Allnic 7000 recti been changed? Also, at that budget as mentioned you should try the Allnic 8000 which is their DHT phono

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
After comparing the H7000 and the H8000 phono side by side in my room, I can confidently say that the H8000 surpasses the H7000 by a significant margin. The performance of both phonostages improves considerably when you start swapping out the rectifier tubes, but even then, the H8000 consistently outperforms.

The H8000 is not only more dynamically superior, but it also offers smoother, more transparent sound quality. Emotionally, I felt a deeper connection with the music when played on the H8000 compared to the H7000.
In my view, the Allnic H8000 can compete head-to-head with many higher-priced phonostages. However, it's crucial to ensure that you're using higher-quality tubes than the ones Allnic provides as standard with the unit for the best experience.

I am familiar with the Kondo Ge, as a friend of mine owned one until recently. While it's indeed a commendable phonostage, when it comes to performance, I believe it doesn't quite match up to a fully optimized H8000 equipped with the best tubes. The H8000, in my opinion, operates on a higher level of sonic excellence.

Reactions: bonzo75

Tonari

Feb 18, 2023
Sounds like a KO in favor of the Kondo... Why bother any further;)

Reactions: Vinylfan

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
I am familiar with the Kondo Ge, as a friend of mine owned one until recently. While it's indeed a commendable phonostage, when it comes to performance, I believe it doesn't quite match up to a fully optimized H8000 equipped with the best tubes. The H8000, in my opinion, operates on a higher level of sonic excellence.
hi, what do you mean with Kondo GE?
GE-1? GE-7? GE-10?
They are really in different price ranges and surely sound quite different.
So what was your comparison?

And can maybe other people tell about comparison between an Allnic DHT 8000 (just as a MM stage) and a Kondo GE-1 or KSL-7 Phono, if both paired with Kondo IO-XP and SFz?

Last edited:

AudioAbe

Jun 10, 2021
UK
In my view, the Allnic H8000 can compete head-to-head with many higher-priced phonostages. However, it's crucial to ensure that you're using higher-quality tubes than the ones Allnic provides as standard with the unit for the best experience.
I have just purchased the H8000 - which is just extraordinary. I’m interested in your comment. What higher quality tubes do you recommend?

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have just purchased the H8000 - which is just extraordinary. I’m interested in your comment. What higher quality tubes do you recommend?

Did you do compares with other phonos? Thought you were planning some

AudioAbe

Jun 10, 2021
UK
Did you do compares with other phonos? Thought you were planning some
I came close to purchasing the ARC 3SE (natural match for my ARC pre and power) but an extremely good value H8000 came available after the dealer was looking to sell to make way for the new H10000. Price was too good to refuse.
I’m absolutely blown away by the H8000.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I came close to purchasing the ARC 3SE (natural match for my ARC pre and power) but an extremely good value H8000 came available after the dealer was looking to sell to make way for the new H10000. Price was too good to refuse.
I’m absolutely blown away by the H8000.
Wow H10000 now?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing