Kondo G70 / M7 Heritage / M77 owners

Souga is the best power amp Kondo never did
Limited at 8 watt power but with big transformer seems has 20/30 watt
I had 2 Souga,also had Neiro,Neiro Silver,Neiro KSL,Shinri,Baransu,Kageki,Ongaku,Ongaku Ksl and Gakuon.

Gaucho could be the worst's don't likely 4 fired had and sold.

Preamp M7 KSl with phono is good,G70I much better,M 77 I don't like, always founded little dark,M7 Heritage never listened but I think better not buy because will not well considered in future market,
Ge 1 nothing special,M7 phono very good,G 7 and GE 10 top

3 of us, including Rudolph, preferred the Gakuoh mk2 (300b) to the Kagura. You might he referring to Gakuoh mk1. Gakuon is separate,

Last edited:
I was telling Gakuho mk I,mono with 300 B
Never listen MK II

Gakuon are mono with 211,also don't like because too full mid bass and little roll off

3 of us, including Rudolph, preferred the Gakuon mk2 (300b) to the Kagura. You might he referring to Gakuon mk1. Gakuoh is separate,
I was telling Gakuho mk I,mono with 300 B
Never listen MK II

Gakuon are mono with 211,also don't like because too full mid bass and little roll off
Gakuoh II amps are really different than Gakuoh I amps. I heard them both. Gakuoh II has midrange beauty of 300B and drive and control of Kaguras. Gakuon is the predecessor of Kagura but Kagura is much better.

The speaker is the deciding factor between Gakuoh II and Kagura IMHO.

3 of us, including Rudolph, preferred the Gakuon mk2 (300b) to the Kagura. You might he referring to Gakuon mk1. Gakuoh is separate,
A small correction, Ked. As regards my (albeit small because the Kagura’s are damn impressive sounding amps provided you use high quality (nos) valves and combine them with the right loudspeakers) preference: it is about the Gakuoh mk ii versus the Kagura. There never was a Gakuon mk ii. And as Mtemur already rightly pointed out: the Gakuon was the predecessor of the Kagura and is no longer in production.

Reactions: Birdwatcher
A small correction, Ked. As regards my (albeit small because the Kagura’s are damn impressive sounding amps provided you use high quality (nos) valves and combine them with the right loudspeakers) preference: it is about the Gakuoh mk ii versus the Kagura. There never was a Gakuon mk ii. And as Mtemur already rightly pointed out: the Gakuon was the predecessor of the Kagura and is no longer in production.

Sorry, I got my N and H mixed up - now corrected

There never was a Gakuon mk ii. And as Mtemur already rightly pointed out: the Gakuon was the predecessor of the Kagura and is no longer in production.
Somewhere I have read about a Gaku-On II Shinden. What was that kind of animal?

Shinden was a limited edition of Gakuon

My friend had M 1000 MK II and sold Gakuon to buy Shinden.
Sound little more open and natural than Gakuon

Reactions: Birdwatcher

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing