Kirk Douglas, a Star of Hollywood’s Golden Age, Dies at 103

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/movies/kirk-douglas-dead.html

"Kirk Douglas, the actor with the distinctive dimpled chin, raspy voice and highly charged dramatic energy whose starring roles in Spartacus, Champion and Paths of Glory helped him become one of Hollywood's foremost leading men and enduring stars, died on Feb. 5, 2020."

A grand movie legend ... R.I.P. Kirk Douglas

Reactions: carl13

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I saw some fantastic shots of Kirk recently in films we all like from the 50s and 60s, sandal movies, etc., but I picked that one from Stanley Kubrick's Paths of Glory, an anti-war film with that specific screenshot in the trenches because it reminds me of the film 1917 which is the best film I saw recently and that I predict will win five or six gold statuettes...brief the major winner @ the upcoming Oscar Awards in Hollywood. Kirk will be on my mind ...

Spartacus is of course another favorite, also from Stanley Kubrick...and that one too like Paths of Glory has lots of stories behind.

1916, one year before 1917, December 9, 1916 ... Kirk's birthday.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
A Hollywood icon and philanthropist. Spartacus is one of the great classics that still holds up pretty well today.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing