Kenwood L-07D Assistance

LTD

Nov 14, 2021
Hi members,
First time posting here. Impressive group of courteous, knowledeable and intelligent community of music lovers. Hoping to learn much from you all.

Right now any member with knowledge and potential solution to my problem with Kenwood deck, your input would be appreciated.

Problem: the deck is in great condition and was in storage for many years after purchasing it and finally got around to setting it up recently. Upon startup the rpm light flashes from red to green and the deck is seen hunting back and forth. After leaving it off for a few days, plugged in, it started to work but after a couple of hours it would start to hunt again. This procees repeats. After a couple of weeks it now only works briefly.

My local shop that I trust and get my gear worked on is hesitant to work on it as they are unfamiliar with the gear and are concerned about not being able to trouble shoot it properly or heaven forbid cause irreversible damage to a vintage deck. They will if they are instructed on the specifics of what needs to be done. Hence my post.

If anyone has had similar issue as mine and know a solution I would appreciate any input you may have. Thank you all.

LTD

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
My commiserations, I owned a LO-7D for a few years and it was a seriously good turntable, I hope that you are able to find a solution.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

LTD

Nov 14, 2021
Thanks for that. Yes, I've looked at the site and it definitely has lot of info. Tried emailing the author to get advice/confirmation but no response unfortunately.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I have never had the pleasure of owning the L07D ( wish I had its a legend ) but I have had to have repairs done to a TT81 before and the sort of shops with experience in these complex yet aging decks are very few globally. I would call one of them. ( In USA it might be Bill Thalmann...there is also a guy in the UK but I forget his name at the moment). These are the same shops restoring SP10mk3 and TT101 etc....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing