Jbl 4367

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Well I hope there will be other 4367 owners who comment here. I've been contacted by three other folks who are happy owners. I hope at least one other posts about his experiences here too. But I'd understand if he chose to not post here.

Michael,

I am one of the happy owners. They just arrived today and I absolutely love them. Smooth, sweet treble. Powerful bass. Just a wonderful in the room presentation with a big sound stage. My room is not fancy and I had to move my Strads off to the side to give them more room. I really think they can benefit from power. Time to try the ART monos, OMG!

left 4367.JPG

4367.JPG

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I am happy for you Joe!

Depending on how high your listening position is, you may consider using taller stands. The ones I use are almost 6".

Michael,

I am one of the happy owners. They just arrived today and I absolutely love them. Smooth, sweet treble. Powerful bass. Just a wonderful in the room presentation with a big sound stage. My room is not fancy and I had to move my Strads off to the side to give them more room. I really think they can benefit from power. Time to try the ART monos, OMG!

View attachment 26669

View attachment 26670

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I am happy for you Joe!

Depending on how high your listening position is, you may consider using taller stands. The ones I use are almost 6".

I was going to ask you about that. I know you had the dollies for a while. What do you have now? I might like to go at least 6" up, maybe a little bit more.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I was going to ask you about that. I know you had the dollies for a while. What do you have now? I might like to go at least 6" up, maybe a little bit more.

Isoacoustics Dave has the exact plans for that speaker. It took us about a month of hit-and-miss to finally get it right. I am using Isoacoustics custom stands for the 4367.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Congratulations Joe! Looks good in your system and great to hear that it sounds good. You guys are tempting me to get a set to compliment by current setup for very dynamic music! :)

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Isoacoustics Dave has the exact plans for that speaker. It took us about a month of hit-and-miss to finally get it right. I am using Isoacoustics custom stands for the 4367.

Thank you so much! I'll check them out.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Congratulations Joe! Looks good in your system and great to hear that it sounds good. You guys are tempting me to get a set to compliment by current setup for very dynamic music! :)

Do it!

For me, the JBLs are so wonderful because they open my ears to genres of music I used to think unworthy of playback. With these speakers it's much more about enjoying my listening sessions and having fun with my kids too. My 5 year old son loves dancing to Dillon Francis!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY

Hi Amir,

You might remember that I wanted the JBL M2 badly but without local help from a dealer like you, I would never contemplate it. I never felt comfortable buying the M2 from any of the guys here that I had to convince they even existed, let alone get help in setup etc.

These are the MOST FUN speakers that I've ever owned or heard. I love my Strads and they are still what I consider my first love, but the 4367 are an absolute blast.

Do it!

For me, the JBLs are so wonderful because they open my ears to genres of music I used to think unworthy of playback. With these speakers it's much more about enjoying my listening sessions and having fun with my kids too. My 5 year old son loves dancing to Dillon Francis!

Big +1, Michael you are so right.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I am one of the happy owners.

Congrats, I'd love to hear a comparison with the Strads and other speakers you've owned after you get some time on them.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Amir,

You might remember that I wanted the JBL M2 badly but without local help from a dealer like you, I would never contemplate it. I never felt comfortable buying the M2 from any of the guys here that I had to convince they even existed, let alone get help in setup etc.

These are the MOST FUN speakers that I've ever owned or heard. I love my Strads and they are still what I consider my first love, but the 4367 are an absolute blast.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. The 4367 is the result of people wanting the M2 but not with all the setup that goes into it.

Max432

Apr 28, 2016
I have owned a pair of 4367's for almost 3 months now. They replaced a pair of JBL 166 horizons that I had for almost 40 years. I bought the 4367's because I promised my son the 166's when he and his wife produced my first grandchild. To be honest I was not too excited about having to buy new speakers let alone sight unseen or heard.

The audio store I deal with assured me I would not be disappointed and offered me a deal I just could not refuse. Glad I didnt. The 4367's are unbelievable! They are so life like that when I close my eyes and listen to old live recordings of my favorite bands I can recall my attendance at concerts from my college days. Don't know if "true audiophiles" would appreciate but for me they do exactly what I want. Allow me to Escape the world for a while and enjoy the music more than I have in a long time.

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
I have owned a pair of 4367's for almost 3 months now. They replaced a pair of JBL 166 horizons that I had for almost 40 years. I bought the 4367's because I promised my son the 166's when he and his wife produced my first grandchild. To be honest I was not too excited about having to buy new speakers let alone sight unseen or heard.

The audio store I deal with assured me I would not be disappointed and offered me a deal I just could not refuse. Glad I didnt. The 4367's are unbelievable! They are so life like that when I close my eyes and listen to old live recordings of my favorite bands I can recall my attendance at concerts from my college days. Don't know if "true audiophiles" would appreciate but for me they do exactly what I want. Allow me to Escape the world for a while and enjoy the music more than I have in a long time.

what do you mean when you say you don't know if 'true audiophiles' will appreciate?

glad you enjoy them so much ... that is what this thing is all about.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014

May I ask what makes the presentation so lifelike for you? And why you'd think audiophiles might not like them?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It is a testament to good engineering and testing that allows so many people to buy this speaker sight unseen and be pleased with it.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY

Excellent Max. I love mine too and agree with you. These are not audiophile speakers but they are music lovers speakers.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It is a testament to good engineering and testing that allows so many people to buy this speaker sight unseen and be pleased with it.

Totally agree, glad my TAD CR-1's are gone :D

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Audiophile vs. "Music Lover"

I'll take a swipe at defining an audiophile by comparing an audiophile with a "music lover" in the words of Joe.

The audiophile is mostly concerned with finding recordings which sound great to him/her in the playback chain.

The music lover is mostly concerned with finding a playback system which can make their favorite music sound great.

Therefore the music lover is flexible and can adapt to the music. The audiophile must be willing to accommodate their musical preferences so that their system can sound its best. This is why the audiophile is often very restrictive with the genres, formats or even mediums of music with which he/she is willing to connect.

The music lover puts music above all else. The music lover can ignore the prideful tendency to place the gear above the music no matter the subjective financial costs, appearance or non-conformity with the hyperbolic and hysterical marketing tactics in the playback marketplace.

Michael.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing