Jay's Audio Dartzeel 18NS Review w/Free WBF Advertising/Backhanded Slap. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
It doesn't seem that he tried both XLR and RCA. As an individual user, he can use what he wants, but if this is supposed to be a professional review it is important that he try both and talk about any differences he heard. After all, the manufacturer prefers RCA. Does Jay agree after having tested it?

I cannot imagine anyone buying a component without trying it at home. And an $80K preamp? The dealer should deliver it and set it up and show you how to maximize the product. Then leave it with you for a good while.

So, what is the purpose of the review? I'm sure you can find owners who provide a much more informative and nuanced review.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Seriously 80k.

Mk1 version was 23k.

Seems Wilson is not the only brand exponentially raising prices

I see Jay is selling it for 37k bargin!!

• Wow
Reactions: morricab

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Minions lol .

He would be the last person i d take advice from

If Dartzeel didnt have a high price tag / Gold colour he would probably have walked right past it.

His bling bling system is finally complete

Reactions: Lagonda

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
It doesn't seem that he tried both XLR and RCA. As an individual user, he can use what he wants, but if this is supposed to be a professional review it is important that he try both and talk about any differences he heard. After all, the manufacturer prefers RCA. Does Jay agree after having tested it?

I cannot imagine anyone buying a component without trying it at home. And an $80K preamp? The dealer should deliver it and set it up and show you how to maximize the product. Then leave it with you for a good while.

So, what is the purpose of the review? I'm sure you can find owners who provide a much more informative and nuanced review.

He tried the preamp with 2 fully balanced amps that only have balanced inputs.
He not going to use adapters.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
To me it’s best not to post links of his videos here.
disrespectful at min.

Why?

I thought all you Americans were for free speech?

I thought his minions comment to WBF was funny.

Still not sure why he is banned here.

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
..."we" are for free speech, but if "we" can post and comment about him here and he cannot reply here, it's not fair, IMO.

Lol , fair enough .
But he is looking for the confrontation here .
Nobody called him names like minions on WBF yet :).

Reviewers / "experts " always get a rough ride with me , as i lost money due to bad advice in my Hifi junior years .
What those reviewers / " experts " do is merely projecting their taste on the viewer / customer .
Afaik its nothing more then some sort of an ego trip

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
..."we" are for free speech, but if "we" can post and comment about him here and he cannot reply here, it's not fair, IMO.
If he’s posting a WBF page and superimposing “Dumb Mistake” over it, I guess he has his way to respond.

I don’t follow internet influencers. So I don’t have a dog in the “Jay’s Audio Lab” hunt.

My impression of the review is that he thinks of DarTZeel as quirky, sort of like Conrad Johnson. I wonder what he would have thought if he had the matching monoblocks.

Last thought …. It looks like a money laundering operation from where I’m sitting.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
It would seem that since he is banned from this site then posting videos from his should be as well to preclude the one way commentary that invariably includes snarky comments/attacks that he can't respond to. Otherwise, deal with his tit for tat

Last edited:

Djcxxx

Nov 11, 2022
Easy answer. Love me, hate me, but above all else, do not ignore me! The internet ”influencer” credo.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Can anyone confirm Jay is actually banned from these forums and why? Curious minds would like to know.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
He tried the preamp with 2 fully balanced amps that only have balanced inputs.
He not going to use adapters.
I've never watched one of his videos prior to the one posted on this thread and have no knowledge of the controversy/history here (and don't care).

I'm just surprised by how little information is provided in the "review" and how much more I would want to understand about the product (in particular, a comparison of RCA vs. XLR). Most magazine reviewers have spare cables to try in just such situations and often try different cables for the same connector in order to test synergy.

He doesn't provide any interesting observations IMO. However, the point about the knob NOT coming off as a benefit of the design made me laugh and that is always a good thing. I also now wonder about the "lab" in Jay's Audio Lab. Before I watched the video I was expected test equipment and results, not some guy standing in front of a camera and bloviating.

I have no interest in commenting further. These were just my own impressions on first viewing.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Can anyone confirm Jay is actually banned from these forums and why? Curious minds would like to know

From Super Moderator on Sept 14 "Hello all and good evening to you. The reason behind him not being able to join the WBF was justified and will stand. There were issues/conflicts that arose and the reasons will not be made public, period"

Reactions: Pokey77

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I think this needs to be closed too.
The money idea seems prudent lol. I would like to know just how he did connect the dart anyway
does his amps have an SE Input like my ml no 33 do ? They convert to balanced at this input as the amps are truly bal through out.
Lastly it’s funny that one of commented on 80k for dart while his super boulder pre was quoted at 120k if I’m correct lol. we need clarity here
Just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing