JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks fellow Air Force pilot! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Gavin, it is Radka Toneff and the album is Fairytales. The world lost her too soon. :(

one of my top female vocals album. captivating voice. her rendition of lost in the stars is simply lovely.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
A friend who was a singer used to call her Radka Tonedeaf. :( Still liked her. :)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Way to go Jack. Looking wonderful. This is giving me more reason to visit you and Jim

That's a long plane ride. Be prepared to sit on every part of your ass cheeks.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Sweet! I've had my eye on Veloce for some time. Do you have the amps on hand too? Are they good?

The preamp is awesome and so far I am totally diggin the amps too, but I have yet to really put them thru the paces.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let me know how that goes Scott. Always great to get impressions from trusted ears. :)

Mark, 14 to 16 hours isn't that bad. I do it all the time and I don't HAVE ass cheeks. LOL!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Let me know how that goes Scott. Always great to get impressions from trusted ears. :)

Mark, 14 to 16 hours isn't that bad. I do it all the time and I don't HAVE ass cheeks. LOL!

Yea, but I bet you are sitting in first class in a reclining leather seat with plenty of room to stretch out while the flight attendants are pampering you and plying you with free booze. Meanwhile back at the ranch, all the rest of the animals in the zoo had their legs sawed off so they could pack them into their cheap seats like sardines in a can. If you don't fly first class or business class, flying is tantamount to being in a Greyhound bus with wings.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Sounding great, Jack! I also heard the later video you posted...piano comes across extremely well. Look forward to hearing more. Congrats!

NewAudio

Feb 12, 2014
Jack,

Congratulations - this is a dream come true! I saw in an earlier thread you have been building to this point for 20 yrs - incredible achievement!

Brian

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Hi Gavin, it is Radka Toneff and the album is Fairytales. The world lost her too soon. :(

I can't tell you how many times I've discovered a musician or vocalist on the net that I liked only to find that they died in their 20s. Most recently Nick Drake...darn!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I can't tell you how many times I've discovered a musician or vocalist on the net that I liked only to find that they died in their 20s. Most recently Nick Drake...darn!

I can't tell you how many times I've played that and how many remasters. Track one has been voted so many times as the Best Female Vocals. The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can't tell you how many times I've played that and how many remasters. Track one has been voted so many times as the Best Female Vocals. The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

I remember I heard it at your old house in Danville too, Steve. It's been a good reference for me, be it CD or LP. Captivating.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I remember I heard it at your old house in Danville too, Steve. It's been a good reference for me, be it CD or LP. Captivating.

Hey Phil

There is a possibility we might be in your neck of the woods in the near future

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hey Phil

There is a possibility we might be in your neck of the woods in the near future

That's GREAT to hear, Steve. It should be a lot of fun ! :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Aaaahhhh. I can finally say with glee that the Lair is now fully back in action. The new Almute pillars were delivered and the room is back to what it is supposed to be. The Cyclops' have likewise settled in contributing to an even greater sense of ease. I'm pretty happy with my weird but effective front end mish-mash. I use a Nordost QB8 which does great work keeping hum at bay and this in turn is fed by a "cleaner" in the form of the now sadly discontinued (new and gone) Hydra 2 with the new Shunyata NICs.

Hey Phil, you free Wednesday afternoon?

On the digital end, I've burned in the TechDAS D7i Supreme and it is one heck of a little humdinger. I got notice from Light Harmonic that the DUAL is now with the shipper. The Aurender W20 awaits!

On the analog end, the TechDAS TD COI has likewise gotten quite a few hours under its belt. Coming soon, hopefully, the Graham Elite (not holding my breath) and the TechDAS TDTi cartridge, the Titanium bodies, boron cantilever higher version of the COI with motor also done by Matsudaira-San.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
great news that all is up and about, Jack.

I'm ok with wed. Same time around 2pm?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! Its been a while, so enjoy!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
2pm is perfect Phil!

Thanks LLoyd! I'll clear my folders.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing