ISS Sightings Over Your City

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I stumbled upon this last month and many are probably aware of it. It tells you when the ISS will be visible over your city. I have found it notifies me 2-3 times per month when the space station is visible . It gives you the direction it can be seen and the direction to which it is headed. Often the sitings are 2-3 minutes. I have found the best sitings are those that lat the longest and are high on the horizon. Last week there was a 5 minute siting starting 72 degrees above the horizon. All I do is use the compass on my iPhone to track the direction and once you know the time it is instantly visible

http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hi, Steve. The family saw it fly over the house about a month or two ago. It looks a little bigger than I had imagined. Pretty cool to see just how fast it flies by. Thanks for the link, my son really enjoyed it when we saw it last. Now he can look forward to seeing it again.

Tom

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
That's a good link, I'll give it a try...

Meanwhile, way back when, NASA orbited a pair of these in 1960 and 1964, under Project Echo:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The wife and I were at the top of Mt. Mauna Kea a few years ago and saw it fly over twice! That thing is traveling fast!!

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Saw the Russian satellite. Way back when.
Saw the Shuttle approach the ISS.
The week in the US near Ohio, the ISS should be visible at around dinner-time. If it's not snowing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing