Is Tiger OK?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Watching Tiger Woods at the MAsters was no fun this last week. I was hoping he would win. I also thought a top 5 finish would be respectable. No one but him would be expexted to win the Masters after reconstructing his swing.

No need to feel sorry for him. Three majors remain along the Fed-X and Ryder cups.

At the Masters he melted down. He faced the two headed monster of his weakness. Narrow fairways and technical putting. I also think he over played going in.

Maybe he should just relax and let it happen?

Last edited:

SoundQcar

Oct 12, 2011
Half Moon Bay, Ca
I didn't expect him to win, in fact, unless he learns to hit a draw again, he might never win there again. Several key holes require one off the tee, as well as approaches. Since Haney...and now Sean Foley have him hitting fades, he hasn't won there. He tried to hit draws last week, and it was apparent he had a two-way miss going.

Also, unless his putting comes back to the way it was, his dominating days are over with.

His fans will have to learn to deal with it. Happens to everyone eventually.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
A bit like what happened to Roger Federer and Michael Schumacher after their careers turned. They lost the halo of invincibility and their rivals pounced. The only way to maintain it is to retire at your prime (which Schumacher did, but decided to come back!).

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think that Tiger is a broken man and his golf game will never be the same. It was more fun hearing about his antics and his wife chasing him down the driveway with a golf club than watching him play golf now days.

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
At the Masters he melted down. He faced the two headed monster of his weakness. Narrow fairways and technical putting. I also think he over played going in.

The fairways will be narrower at the U.S. Open and the ruff will be a lot less forgiving.

I think his best chance for a major this year will be at Royal Lytham & St Annes.

Look for Bubba to win his second major of the year at Kiawah.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
With Tiger making major swing changes & the turmoil in his life has taken there toll on him. Some nagging injuries as well. Why the major change in the swing is somewhat puzzling, but I certainly understand the need to hit a fade as well as the draw when needed. Changes in this swing will take time, but he has the conviction to do it & it will make him a better player going forward.

He has too.... much talent to just go away. Will he surpass Jack's records? I for one hope not but if he does it will be a monumental achievement & I will applaud him.

Can you tell I'm a Jack fan?

Gary

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
But Tiger won several major tournaments in the last 10 months or so, no?

And he's still ranked among the top 10 best players in the world, no?

* True though; 40th at the Masters wasn't his game, dat fo sur.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tiger's only won twice in three years I think and one of those was a small field invitational.

I don't think Tiger, or anybody on either the European Tour or the PGA right now will dominate. Look at the Major's stats. Bubba is the 8th first time Major winner in a row. To me that shows how strong today's fields are on both tours. The long games of the top tour pros have developed so much that it now boils down to who is in play and who has his putts dropping.

When Tiger came on the scene his length was a huge advantage. On a course like Augusta, like Jack Nicklaus in his day, you could look at the long par 5's and think these two guys were 2 or 3 up even before starting a round. That just isn't the case anymore. The level physical fitness and the advancements in ball and shaft technology has made a 300 yard bomber common place.

I am and always will be a Tiger fan but unfortunately I think his time is coming to a close particularly because of his health.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing