Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
What kills me about this is that Apple was all for supporting the IEC Micro-USB standard up to last year. Why the change?
There was a meeting. This dude from accounting raised his hands at the end of that meeting and said: "hey folks. you all have stock options that you want to appreciate to pay for your big homes in CA. right?" They all then came to their senses and went back to the proprietary connector that everyone has to license for $$$. :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
There was a meeting. This dude from accounting raised his hands at the end of that meeting and said: "hey folks. you all have stock options that you want to appreciate to pay for your big homes in CA. right?" They all then came to their senses and went back to the proprietary connector that everyone has to license for $$$. :D

Haha! And probably pretty close to the truth as well! LOL!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I played with it yesterday, certainly an impressive device. Well done again. Hate the maps.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Expectation bias at work ....

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi

Expectation bias at work ....

Nice editing job! Surely those iPhone fans in the know weren't fooled, but that wouldn't make for a good segment now would it?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
John

I wouldn't call it a scientific study, it was for laugh but I bet you your iPhone against my Blackberry (and soon to be acquired iPhone 5) that a lot of people with the iPhone 4 would have had similar reaction, A testimony to the Apple brand loyalty and strength ...

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John

I wouldn't call it a scientific study, it was for laugh but I bet you your iPhone against my Blackberry (and soon to be acquired iPhone 5) that a lot of people with the iPhone 4 would have had similar reaction, A testimony to the Apple brand loyalty and strength ...

I was teasing Frantz!

I dumped my iPhone 3G for a Galaxy Note a few months back and couldn't happier. And yes, the loyalty for the Apple brand is testimony indeed to the greatest marketing company in that business, and maybe others as well. I, for one, don't own any Sheep's clothing.;):p

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Interesting tidbit Bob. Any time I've dropped my iphone (and those times have been many) I've only incurred mild cosmetic damage and never broke the glass.

My son dropped his iphone coming down a roller coaster run and when it was recovered it was fully operational with no glass damage

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing