Introducing Analogue Innovation

Hello fellow forum members.

We manufacture the Sole sub-chassis for the often derided Linn Lp12 turntable -we also produce the Plattamat an upgrade platter mat to felt and rubber mats for most turntables - we are hoping we may be of assistance to fellow TT owners with technical or other issues.

Will be popping in now and again to see whats happening

Anyhow...

Kind regards

John R.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hello fellow forum members.

We manufacture the Sole sub-chassis for the often derided Linn Lp12 turntable -we also produce the Plattamat an upgrade platter mat to felt and rubber mats for most turntables - we are hoping we may be of assistance to fellow TT owners with technical or other issues.

Will be popping in now and again to see whats happening

Anyhow...

Kind regards

John R.

Good to have another analog lover aboard!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, John R. and welcome to the What's Best Forum. Agreed, Myles. Always glad to have another analog lover aboard.

Tom

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Funny, I think the Linn originally took the turntable a huge step forward. The problem was always in the set-up. In these days of mass loaded turntables, perhaps the Linn is derided, but I always thought that was less against the turntable, per se, than the 'source first' concept where at a budget of $5,000, $4999. was allocated to the turntable! The Linn dealer near me in the 80's used to make people take their watches off if memory serves.

Good to have another analog lover aboard!

Hi Myles. Thanks very much, it's a pleasure to be here and hopefully to be of service and assistance.

John.

Hello, John R. and welcome to the What's Best Forum. Agreed, Myles. Always glad to have another analog lover aboard.

Tom

Cheers Tom! would it be possible to correct the horrid typo I created when I titled this thread?

John.

Funny, I think the Linn originally took the turntable a huge step forward. The problem was always in the set-up. In these days of mass loaded turntables, perhaps the Linn is derided, but I always thought that was less against the turntable, per se, than the 'source first' concept where at a budget of $5,000, $4999. was allocated to the turntable! The Linn dealer near me in the 80's used to make people take their watches off if memory serves.

Hi whart.

I many respects yes, you are correct - not so much the TT itself but the promotion of. Linn's patented bearing is excellent as are their platters and plinths. If the TT is set up we'll it will stay "in tune" for many years as will Thoren's, Aristons, AR's and Heybrook's - all TT's built on the same principle.

John.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing