Interesting High-End Audio Systems From Around the World!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The fourth pic here should have a balloon- "Well, dear, while you were away visiting your sister, I redecorated the living room."

Yes those are certainly a unique looking design. Looks like a didgeridoo on steroids crossed with an elephant's trunk. Though, just out of curiosity, would like to hear them.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Yes those are certainly a unique looking design. Looks like a didgeridoo on steroids crossed with an elephant's trunk. Though, just out of curiosity, would like to hear them.

Not the horns, Myles, the big black monstrosities in the room filled with gear in the middle and the brown drapes, aka attachment 5011
I'm digging the horn thing.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Not the horns, Myles, the big black monstrosities in the room filled with gear in the middle and the brown drapes, aka attachment 5011
I'm digging the horn thing.

Not sure about all the equipment. Perhaps others can fill in the missing details. Lot's of AudioNote gear including tt. Looks like Rowland (but seems to small). Kharma speakers?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

I assume that is a Lowther, or something similar?

I wonder if those MM3's once belonged to a member here?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I assume that is a Lowther, or something similar?

I wonder if those MM3's once belonged to a member here?

Got me.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The 4th pic look like Arrakis to me in a very narrow and average height room with well treated side walls and side chairs in front of the listening position

Definitely not Arrakis ... Looks rather like the Big Kharma, theExquisites

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Just one thing. For such extreme systems why put the equipment between the speakers? just wondering ...

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
do you mean in front of rather than between

Well The whole equipment stack is between the speakers in the speakers front plane and in the case of the system with the Kharma there is a jungle of equipment, that has to have some effect on the imaging I would think. I am with David Wilson on this side... Only amplifiers with short speaker cables between the speakers and Front end far from the speakers on the side, . I have seen pictures of (often Japanese) audiophiles going to the extreme of putting their front end in a separate soundproof room .. I must say I don't hate the idea but implementing it is not too attractive to me ...

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Belying my ignoranace, but what's the big line stage in the second photo here, Wizard?

For sure it's from Chord, but I think it's not a linestage but a pre-pro (in any case, it looks exaggerated to me!).

I second, at least from an aesthetic point of view, the system rack on a side (left, possibly) with the power amp(s) between the speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing