Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but.........

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Geez, sorry to hear your troubles, Gary. It is quite a problem in many areas, and from many countries.

Well, I guess that if it wasn't a respected brand, then no one would bother to knock it off :)

So, the troubles are to be expected. I just wanted to be sure that it is possible to identify the real from the counterfeit. And above all, do NOT buy from a white van.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
All an artist can do is perfect their craft. After that it is a matter of taste.

Absolutely!! And given the packed houses that Liberace and Celine Dion play to in Ceasar's Palace every night (and it's a huge place), in the general population the taste lean more towards them than Geoffery Keezer and Patricia Barber.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Absolutely!! And given the packed houses that Liberace and Celine Dion play to in Ceasar's Palace every night (and it's a huge place), in the general population the taste lean more towards them than Geoffery Keezer and Patricia Barber.

I call this the Mac Donald's argumentation: That could well be all (who) they know about. Exposure to different (better?) artists could make them go, think, differently. BTW Who's Geoffrey Keezer? Googling right now :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

or barry manilow

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Frantz - you don't know Geoffrey Keezer??

Try Wildcrafted or Live in Seattle.

First time I 've heard of him. Listening to him right now on Spotify. If I like I buy :) Is he that famous?

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Candelabras always worked for Liberace.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing