I seem to have run afoul of some sort of politics on Audiogon

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Tammy responded almost right away and the thread was 'undeleted'. Thanks to @BruceD for his assistance.

I'm still thinking politics was afoot- Tammy says she isn't the only moderator and didn't know about this. Unlike many sites, audiogon moderators are not usually active on the site itself. So its hard to sort out what is going on. But its nice to know there are decent players in the mix as well.

Grady98

Apr 27, 2018
East Coast
Good to hear Ralph. I have been part of A'gon for 20 years and I must say your input is invaluable and the least biased I know. The politics and cynicism the last couple of years has made my interest in the site dwindle.

Reactions: jeff1225 and tima

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I learned what ghosted means from a character played by the woman in my avatar.
Ralph you have been given many chances not to be a gentlemen. You never obliged.
PS I enjoyed your amp at VAF

Reactions: jeff1225

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I would love to know the title of the thread as 2 or 3 names come to mind when you mention trolls on ag.

Reactions: mulveling

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I would love to know the title of the thread as 2 or 3 names come to mind when you mention trolls on ag.
Let's just say it involves a well known brand of cables and a notorious troll/shill from Alabama..

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Good to hear Ralph. I have been part of A'gon for 20 years and I must say your input is invaluable and the least biased I know. The politics and cynicism the last couple of years has made my interest in the site dwindle.

I looked at the thread...

A guy posts his enthusiasm about getting his Atma-Sphere unit upgraded. Then another guy comes along and complains about the manufacturer - not because of his products or service but because he doesn't like some post the manufacturer made in an audio forum. He doesn't like it so much that he will never buy the manufacturers product and wants others to deny the manufacturer "our support" presumably to gain buy-in for his remarks. (Which doesn't happen.)

The thread swerves entirely from the original post about the product upgrade to focus on the complainer who continues on and on, with others speaking up for Ralph.

My reaction: Forget it Jake, it's Audiogon.

I joined Audiogon in 1999 and for a while it was a daily read, but I hadn't read that forum for a while. Over the last couple weeks I looked again. It used to be a good place for information and there's a few reliable posters who still hang out there. But now, too many people with little positive to contribute. Kinda sad in a way. Makes you appreciate how good it is here.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Do you mean that he has two monikers on audiogon?
He probably does. He’s been suspected of opening fake accounts both on that forum and on social media to troll members. But Keith Henry is his real name.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing