How unreliable is audio desk RCM ?

My Klaudio developed a problem which I now think was my fault. Nonetheless, the service was immediate. They sent me a brand new unit within days, and a UPS return ticket. It's been working perfectly for over 2 years. Couldn't be happier.

And I love the fact that I can use RO water from my kitchen sink!

I'm reminded of the old adage, "Don't bite off more than you can chew." It may not apply to Audiodeske, but I can see where it could apply to anyone who is entertaining the idea of manufacturing a similar device.

I took a strong look at the machine, and I cannot for the life of me see where the profit is, in spite of its $4,000 MSRP. Cleaners based on 60kHz sensors are inherently more expensive than the typical 40 kHz ones, and that's just to start. Figure in the complexity of all the moving parts, the circuitry, the advertising, the packaging, the shipping, the dealer markup, the warranty, German taxes, labor, miscellaneous overhead, etc., and what's left to take home? I couldn't do it. There is a lot left to chance just because of the number of vendors involved and all the possible conditions the machine might see in the filed. The simple fact that it is portable adds to the risk. Maybe it hit the market too soon?

Whatever the case, I hope the company works it out to an end that is acceptable for everyone because it really does a great job when everything is functioning as intended.

In 2012 I was set to buy an ADS. I was to have one demo'd at my home to compare it to my Loricraft. For some reason it all fell apart when I never heard back. And then a TT came along I wanted worse. By the time I began to revisit the idea the KLA came out. Since the company was 20 miles away and I had heard some of the ADS stories of units having to go back to Germany for repair, (OUCH! I don't even want to know what that cost would be). Whether the ADS would have displced my Loricraft I can't say.
I was hoping the KLA would......but experience has taught me otherwise. I'm not sure I'd want to be w/o it now that I used it.
My unit has worked flawlessly except for an LED light strip for illuminating the water tank level. They kept burning out. The last replacement has had a resisitor added to the wire so it should be problem free. KLA's support/service has been great and it's built like a tank.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing