How do you store your cartridges and tonearms?

KPC

Dec 4, 2019
San Francisco Bay Area
I have a number of cartridges boxed and will likely purchase extra tonearms. Rather than winging it with my own ideas like tackle boxes or design a horizontal tonearm rack, I realized that many established audiophiles on this forum also have multiple cartridges and arms. Also, any good ideas may benefit other forum members.

How do you store your carts and arms?

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Iirc you have or intend to have a Kuzma 4Point with cartridges mounted on 4Point headshells.

Franc Kuzma makes a nice cartridge storage bin that I call the Kuzma Roundhouse. There is a single cartridge version and a four cartridge version to store cartridges mounted on 4Point headshells.

Here is one of my two:

DSC01226.JPG

DSC01223.JPG

Otherwise I keep cartridges in the containers in which they arrived. Here's my Fuuga in its own round house...

DSC01531 small.JPG

The Fuuga is a great cartridge to use with the 4Point tonearm...

DSC01556 - crop.JPG

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
If you have a certain turntable / arm mount style and lots of arm options you could have a plank ( shelf ) cutout to have same mount type and lock the unused arms into it ( hence keeping all hardware engaged and not floating around )

As far as longer term storage for carts goes, I buy generic small pelican style cases from harbor freight to keep them safer and also then they all stack nicer :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing