How do you make a new site very popular?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Alright, I check What's Best every single day since I registered (a month ago), and not only I luv this site's name but also would luv this new site (one-year old) to take off big time!

It has already many winning ingredients: professional people of vast knowledge, great features, tremendous amount of humanity, politeness, respect and all that Jazz...
Plus the absolute potential to be the very Best!

I was introduced to it by Rich (NaturePhoto), and I thank him for that! :)

So, what does it also take to propulse it into the stratosphere of the Best there is?
Is it the amount of members, guests, or is small better?

Me think that no matter how big or how small an organisation, a company, a team (sports, scientists, audiophiliacs & videophiliacs, Internet & Computer experts,...), an association, an Internet site that encompasses more than just Audio & Video is; to be successful and very popular with all the communities around, it needs to ATTRACT intelligent people!
And that it does! And with flair as well. Plus a good sense of humor as a good measure.

The first step was/is already done by the excellent team of people already in place here; the founders and their associates.
Now they need that food to sustain them, the PEOPLE! Smart people. People with questions, people with answers, and people with 'communication' skills!
And this is where more is better than less.

* If you agree with me so far, please say so!

Because my next personal signature would be to enthral new and smart and polite people, plus my own development of personal skills among the many of us here.

There is no better way to reach what's best in life than by starting right with yourself, and by contributing in the well being of everyone in a team from your personal efforts all the way!

And I believe that 'open communication' are the key words here. And by that I mean being able to raise or adjust yourself to the exact same level as your interlocutor.
For some it takes extra efforts, for others it comes naturally. But at the end we're all pursuing the same ideal, the same goal; and that is exactly what this site's title says: What is the Very Best in Everything in Life?

So, what is the best for What's Best Forum?

=> The Right Attitude! :)

...And when you have that, as already comfirmed by all the members here; then it is only a question of time, patience, persistent efforts, constructive discussions, every day growing appreciation of your peers, ...in full respect and harmony, that we can succeed in attracting the very same!

So, what do you guys and gals think?

I'm simply a communicator, a thinker; and I'm not yet a messenger.
...And I do have aspirations in life like anyone else, and those I know they are very similar as to the vast majority of members, guests, here and everywhere else on this planet called Earth that is all ours!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks for the kind words Bob

Stay tuned for some new additions as well but in the mean time our thoughts have always been to refer your friends if you have been happy with what you see. That would help grow a much closer and larger community

I am always open to recommendations

In the interim I hope that everyone has checked out our newest member of our Expert Panel, Scott Borduin on Software and Programming

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...at-the-beginning&p=41825&viewfull=1#post41825

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for the kind words Bob

Stay tuned for some new additions as well but in the mean time our thoughts have always been to refer your friends if you have been happy with what you see. That would help grow a much closer and larger community

I am always open to recommendations

In the interim I hope that everyone has checked out our newest member of our Expert Panel, Scott Borduin on Software and Programming

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...at-the-beginning&p=41825&viewfull=1#post41825

I'll make this my new mission Steve! :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Just some simple humor ...

* There's that guy over at that other forum; he's got six trillion posts, and no friends, not one.
And then there's that girl over at that other forum; she's got two posts and three billion friends,
but they all got banned!

:b

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway

So, what is the best for What's Best Forum?

=> The Right Attitude! :)

Indeed.
By enforcing the right attitude, or better yet, encouraging it, leading by example, one gains popularity ( in) and attracts the right crowd.
This is ( then) vital for the growth and continuance of the right attitude, as a trait, a quality, a growth factor, desired.

So indeed, right you are, Northstar.

Imperial.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Imperial and welcome to the forum! I agree wholeheartedly.

The reviews/observations of gear or equipment can help attract new members searching for reviews of things not commonly found elsewhere. While I may not be completely certain of this aspect, repeating the key word or words of said equipment multiple times helps. Include the keyword(s) not only in the title but multiple times throughout the post as well. The more you repeat the keyword, the more the search has the ability to reach the top of the results on an internet search engine. From what I understand, it is also important to not abbreviate things. Especially in the key components of the topic itself that guests may be looking for.

Having every thread and post actually stay on topic can be an equally important factor. Along with the discussions being informative, factual and non confrontational to a fellow forum member can always attract new members [or guests] to join in on the discussions as well. Debating and discussing the contents of a post is fine while attacking the poster is most definitely not.

I hope you enjoy the forum, Imperial.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Having every thread and post actually stay on topic can be an equally important factor.

Good luck with that by the way!:p;)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So are we.....but then, what alternative did we have or you now?

John

isn't there another charismatic Liberal in Canada such as Pierre Elliot Trudeau was to run parliament

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John

isn't there another charismatic Liberal in Canada such as Pierre Elliot Trudeau was to run parliament

Not right now there isn't. They have been trying to draft Justin Trudeau, but he's not ready I think. The political landscape, in terms of personality, is pretty bleek right now.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Indeed.
By enforcing the right attitude, or better yet, encouraging it, leading by example, one gains popularity ( in) and attracts the right crowd.
This is ( then) vital for the growth and continuance of the right attitude, as a trait, a quality, a growth factor, desired.

So indeed, right you are, Northstar.

Imperial.

Hi Imperial, and Welcome! :b

Thank you for emphasizing the main essence: the right attitude.
And the other ingredient: positive encouragement.

I would also add team work. And honest good humor. :b

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing