Honda Odyssey new design

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Well the wife just bought a new Honda Odyssey. The design has been changed for 2011 and the new body style is either a love it or hate it kind of thing;)
However, for anyone thinking of a van or a great people hauler in general... I have to tell you, this new Odyssey is VERY impressive. The ride is far superior to the older model and the technology
in this van is on another level. I think Honda may have hit one out of the park with this one.....IF you can get by the styling that is:cool:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I know what you mean regarding the look :).

But why on earth they still resist putting all-wheel-drive in there? We get snow once or twice a year here and since they are not used to plowing it, everything shuts down. So AWD is quite handy. Toyota has it. They ought to match it.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I know what you mean regarding the look :).

But why on earth they still resist putting all-wheel-drive in there? We get snow once or twice a year here and since they are not used to plowing it, everything shuts down. So AWD is quite handy. Toyota has it. They ought to match it.

i'm G.M. of a Honda automobile dealership in the Seattle area. we have asked for an all wheel drive Odyssey forever. Honda corporate simply does not see sufficient demand to justify the trouble. they'll sell every one of these new Odysseys they can make in front wheel drive for a few years anyway; so it's hard to get them to seriously consider it.

as far as the look; all mini vans look pretty drab. the Odyssey at least is a bit sexier. and once someone drives the new one it's pretty much 'game over'. amazing to drive.

what i really want is a Hybrid CRV; now there is a car we could sell a bunch of. we may yet get it. the CRV is already the top selling sports utility vehicle.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It's hard to argue with that logic. When we bought the first generation Odyssey, they were in such a shortage that they would page you and if you were the first people to get there, you would get the car. I recall getting that call at 7:30am in the morning and we were there by 8:00am. It is the fastest I have seen my wife get ready to go out!!! :D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
My wife drives a Town & Country limited, yes .. The one that can turn the seats 180 degrees (completely useless :)) feature, and since kids are growing up and do their lives more in parallel now, this might be the last minivan we will get ( well, at least it is my believe since my wife adores to drive it even that most of the time is by herself at the heavy Mexico City traffic).

I have seen much more new Siennas at the streets than new Odysseys, maybe a 3:1 factor is a safe one - but far more SUVs (X5, Cayennes, Pilots) than minivans at a 5:1 factor - Ford decided just to stop minivans production among others, resale value is declining rapidly so its demand IMO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing