High Fructose Coprn SYrup

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The combination of high calorie/low /nutriton (junk food) with a sedentary life style has caused our nations youth to be struick with an epidemic of obesity and and childhood onset diabetes.

One the contributors the presnce of hig fructose corn syrup in so many of the things we eat and driink.

I statreted to think about this because of a certain commercial that appears to be particularly misleading.

You'v heard it. I 've done some research about high fructose cornn syrup. It's jsut sugar.

The message would seem to be that you should not be afraid of HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). We know then that sweetness sells. That HFCS is cheap and highly avalaible. The problem is not that it's different form sugar. Yes it is just sugar. in fact we can do you one better. it's just a carbohydrate.

Who's decision was it to put HFCS on the labele? Probably the maufacturer. Who knows whther there was ant attempt to mislead the consumer?

The parents should not be lmislead. A carbohydrate is a carbohydrate. We need to lwoer our childrens intake of simple carbohydrates. Complex hydrates are beeter.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The combination of high calorie/low /nutriton (junk food) with a sedentary life style has caused our nations youth to be struick with an epidemic of obesity and and childhood onset diabetes.

One the contributors the presnce of hig fructose corn syrup in so many of the things we eat and driink.

I statreted to think about this because of a certain commercial that appears to be particularly misleading.

You'v heard it. I 've done some research about high fructose cornn syrup. It's jsut sugar.

The message would seem to be that you should not be afraid of HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). We know then that sweetness sells. That HFCS is cheap and highly avalaible. The problem is not that it's different form sugar. Yes it is just sugar. in fact we can do you one better. it's just a carbohydrate.

Who's decision was it to put HFCS on the labele? Probably the maufacturer. Who knows whther there was ant attempt to mislead the consumer?

The parents should not be lmislead. A carbohydrate is a carbohydrate. We need to lwoer our childrens intake of simple carbohydrates. Complex hydrates are beeter.

Less processed foods! And eliminate soft drinks/soda.

As Jack LaLanne said, "if man makes it, don't eat it."

Scary thing is that the obesity numbers for our country are probably a huge underestimate. Some people estimate that actually 60% of our country is obese because the commonly used metric, BMI, seriously underestimates false negatives.

If you read one book about why and how we eat, pick up Mindless Eating. You can download it as an ebook from B&N or Amazone for around $9. This is the real truth and you can bet your bottom dollar that the food industry knows all these tricks.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
You are right on the money Myles. America is being poisoned, and not so slowly.

I bought Mindless Eating a few months ago, along with Thrive, by Brendan Frazier.

I just shifted my diet to a lower carb, high protein diet, with zero refined sugars, breads, or pastas, and just a bit of rice.

Processed foods are evil.

Less processed foods! And eliminate soft drinks/soda.

As Jack LaLanne said, "if man makes it, don't eat it."

Scary thing is that the obesity numbers for our country are probably a huge underestimate. Some people estimate that actually 60% of our country is obese because the commonly used metric, BMI, seriously underestimates false negatives.

If you read one book about why and how we eat, pick up Mindless Eating. You can download it as an ebook from B&N or Amazone for around $9. This is the real truth and you can bet your bottom dollar that the food industry knows all these tricks.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
You are right on the money Myles. America is being poisoned, and not so slowly.

I bought Mindless Eating a few months ago, along with Thrive, by Brendan Frazier.

I just shifted my diet to a lower carb, high protein diet, with zero refined sugars, breads, or pastas, and just a bit of rice.

Processed foods are evil.

I think you can safely say we're eating ourselves into the grave. :(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing