High-end Munich (á la Perfect sense | Stockholm)

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Kaiser Acoustics unveiled a maximized version of their amazing Kawero Classic speakers over the weekend with external crossovers. Together with four mono amplifiers from Swedish Engstrom & Engstrom (The Lars) and D / A conversion from Total DAC, they created one of the shows most talked about, seductive and touching experiences!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Wow, such BEAUTIFUL photos and commentary. Stunning. I wish there were many more.

How did the analog sound in the Kaiser room?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Stenheim, CH precision and Zensati made a mutual effort during the show, hiding in one of the more secret rooms housed inside one of the major exhibition halls. Dynamics, scale and attack was prominent in the largest presentation to date from Stenheim debuting their Reference Statement speaker system.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Kaiser Acoustics unveiled a maximized version of their amazing Kawero Classic speakers over the weekend with external crossovers. Together with four mono amplifiers from Swedish Engstrom & Engstrom (The Lars) and D / A conversion from Total DAC, they created one of the shows most talked about, seductive and touching experiences!

Love this system . However with the super expensive engstrom & the euro 100k duelund silver transformer external crossover , it's ultra pricey . Without crossover euro 76/78k? it would be great for a average size room

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Love this system . However with the super expensive engstrom & the euro 100k duelund silver transformer external crossover , it's ultra pricey . Without crossover euro 76/78k? it would be great for a average size room

The Kaiser Kawero Classic is approx. €50.000 in Europe.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
That's not what the owner told me abt the unit at MOC. At euro 50k , which mean only abt euro 40k+ for overseas market it would be a great buy

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
That's not what the owner told me abt the unit at MOC. At euro 50k , which mean only abt euro 40k+ for overseas market it would be a great buy

€50.000 is the approx. price in Europe incl. VAT(sales tax) for the standard version of the Classic - without the additional external crossovers which is a (rather extreme) option.

I'm representing Kaiser in Sweden, having the current price list just in front of me right now :)

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Mark Levinson gave a very trustworthy presentation during the show along with Revel and JBL in a room that was well attended over the weekend. Premiered at the show was the new 536 monos, which was demonstrated side by side with the new integrated amplifier 585 - which was a popular discussion topic in the corridor outside.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nice to see that a Levinson still looks like a Levinson. I hope in the future Krells will look like Krells again.

What compact, apartment/flat/condo sized systems impress you Marcus?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
€50.000 is the approx. price in Europe incl. VAT(sales tax) for the standard version of the Classic - without the additional external crossovers which is a (rather extreme) option.

I'm representing Kaiser in Sweden, having the current price list just in front of me right now :)

Thanks . I got the price wrong when Rainer explained to me about his speaker pricing

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
TW Acustic's amazing turntable Black Knight was showing off at the top of the pedestal in a room shared with Cessaros horn speakers. The unique electronics - including the monos- are custom made by Ypsilon for a customer with very specific requirements.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Thanks . I got the price wrong when Rainer explained to me about his speaker pricing

There's the basic price (as stated). Then there's several options and upgrades along the way towards the "no compromise what so ever" version demonstrated at the show :)

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
What compact, apartment/flat/condo sized systems impress you Marcus?

That's a good question, which I need to give some further consideration. Among the more reasonable systems in relation to price and size though were the Verity/Harmonix/Reyimo combination. This was one of the most musical systems that I've ever encountered, not exaggerating a tiny bit. A couple of rather seasoned audiophile friends of mine basically cried during the demo of Miles Davis playing Time After Time. The Reyimo electronics seems to be something very special indeed.

High-end_München_2015-46.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There's the basic price (as stated). Then there's several options and upgrades along the way towards the "no compromise what so ever" version demonstrated at the show :)

How much is the "no compromise whatsoever Kawero Classic" with ALL the options/upgrades available?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Double the euro 50k ? Hmm I m quite certain Rainer told me the crossover alone cost about euro 100k. Goggle 6 moons review , I thk the price for different options maybe stated

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Double the euro 50k ? Hmm I m quite certain Rainer told me the crossover alone cost about euro 100k. Goggle 6 moons review , I thk the price for different options maybe stated

You're correct. I've got the information confirmed from Kaiser that the price for the external crossover (Duelund CAST silver parts) is about 100.0000 Euro. So, the setup at the show is roughly three times the price of the basic Kaiser Kawero Classic speaker with internal crossover - which is a world class speaker in its own right!

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
AMG follows up the success with the top model Viella with the little brother called Giro, showing here with the AMG tonearm 9W. Build quality, precision and finish of the highest German order.

At the tip of the arm sits an optical (!) cartridge from DS audio, which we will surely hear more about: http://www.ds-audio-w.biz/

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Raidho has in a relatively short time managed to establish themselves as one of the most innovative manufacturers on an obviously very competitive market. The Danish company offers a full set of models in three series (X-C-D) who all share the qualities that we have learned to associate with Raidho - HiFi & Music in absolute union.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Crystal Cable makes speakers that are candy for the eyes and a caress for the soul :). The smallest monitor Minissimo was introduced in an upgraded Diamond version (new tweeter + internal cabling from the Absolute Dream series) along with a matching subwoofer (CCDB ) which can either be placed freely in the room or being used as a "stand" for the monitors in the series.

"One of my Five Most Significant Exhibits" according to Jonathan Valin/TAS:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/munich-high-end-2015-loudspeakers/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing