Help with speaker stands 1.7i

robbysock

Apr 13, 2023
Hi, I just bought some new Maggies! 1.7i's. I have a few questions about how to put the speaker stands on.
First it says I should use 2 spacers? Is that correct? Does everyone use the spacers? (Also the spacers are the white plastic circles, right?)
Next question, where do these spacers go? It says on the bottom mounting bolt? Does that mean they go on the bolt and then the bolt into the speaker like washers?
Last question, it then says that if I use the spacers, that I should use longer bolts? It appears to come with longer bolts, so does that mean I unscrew the bottom one, add 2 spacers to one of the longer ones included, and then screw the longer ones only into the bottom mounting?
I wish they included some pictures!
Anyway, thanks for your time. :)

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
I don't have 1.7i speakers, but if you'd take a photo of the hardware included and post it with your message above, it might be helpful. My 0.7s (for surround speakers) were pretty simple to install. Based on what you describe, spacers probably look like a small tube as opposed to a plastic washer. If the two mounting bolt locations on are on the same plane, I don't know why you'd use a spacer on on bolt and not the other. If you could post a photo of the mounting location on the speaker and a profile photo of the stands - specifically where they mate with the mount plate - it might let us better see what you're facing.

I also know you're not asking for this type of info, but I'll give you a potentially useful (for later) link: https://magnarisers.com/our-products.html.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing