Help with non-responsive dealer

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Fernando,

Sorry to hear about your experience with High End Palace. I don't know how they do business, but they even have Genesis listed as a product, and they are definitely not one of my dealers - nor have they ever bought anything from us.

As for BBB, watch this:

Not surprised of this BBB piece Gary....

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Don't forget to ask for a tracking # to verify shipping. Sadly my experience with Attys General and BBB is they forward the complaint for comment. Not really designed for quick resolution of complaint.

DONE . Thanks Greg

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Nice video Gary... is anyone reminded of some pay-for-protection schemes?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
On another forum that I contribute to, a member had a similar problem with a vendor.
One of the posters suggested a boycott of this vendor by all members and a general exposure in the media as to this vendor's practices.
After considerable discussion, the vendor was invited to the forum to defend their position....they did not take up the invite and were summarily 'slammed' by the members. A thread was initiated by the moderator's, that enabled the members to post their experiences with bad vendor's and have same respond to said posts. ( I believe A'gon does something similar on their forum.)
In the instance of the original complaint, the vendor ultimately lost considerable business and 'good will' which forced them to ultimately close shop. :D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
He might be an exhibitor again at CES (I have not checked the final list yet) - if some of you are attending and by any chance pass by his room, a "kindly reminder" could also work. I am waiting for tomorrow to see if he indeed shipped the unit with the tracking number confirmation, my faith is low with him unfortunately :(

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well - he just sent me another mail saying that he will ship the Mach2 "this Friday" prior departing to Las Vegas (he is not that sick!!) - Hope he does!

Distributor is High-End Palace (Miami) - beware prior establishing any deal with him.

Hi Amir,

Yes...looks like this is the company.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
He might be an exhibitor again at CES (I have not checked the final list yet) - if some of you are attending and by any chance pass by his room, a "kindly reminder" could also work.(
At T.H.E. Show, I presume, as dealers rarely are exhibitors at CES.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Fernando, glad to see that you say on your A'gon thread that the Mach 2 was delivered by The High-End Palace. Does it meet your expectations?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
It has not been delivered DaveyF, maybe my post is confusing.. let me check it again.

You are right DaveyF - I don´t know what I was thinking when I posted it (my English command is quite primitive I must say...) - I just included an Errata to make it clear. Thanks for the heads-up!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Update

I have just received the tracking number from Larry Diaz (High End Palace) confirming shipment, he actually sent it yesterday and not today as promised.

I expect to receive it by Monday (I paid for 2-day delivery) and validate the Mach2 status.

Thanks ALL for your guidance, it looks it all worked out well.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have just received the tracking number from Larry Diaz (High End Palace) confirming shipment, he actually sent it yesterday and not today as promised.

I expect to receive it by Monday (I paid for 2-day delivery) and validate the Mach2 status.

Good start...pls let us know when it arrives and if it arrived in perfect condition. And if it did, THEN let us know how it sounds! ;)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Fernando-I'm so happy for you bro. This deal looked like it was going south (no pun intended). Nothing smelled right. Hopefully all will be well.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Fernando-I'm so happy for you bro. This deal looked like it was going south (no pun intended). Nothing smelled right. Hopefully all will be well.

Thanks mep! I am still holding my breath and validate the box content :)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I did receive the FedEx box this morning, it contains the Mach2 server and that's it, no manual/instructions,etc...(not their fault since this is a demo unit, but I was naively expecting some basic lines on how to install it).

I will hook it to my system tonight and learn from there, I hope all is in working conditions and declare this as a done deal.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I did receive the FedEx box this morning, it contains the Mach2 server and that's it, no manual/instructions,etc...(not their fault since this is a demo unit, but I was naively expecting some basic lines on how to install it).

I will hook it to my system tonight and learn from there, I hope all is in working conditions and declare this as a done deal.

Most manufacturers now have downloadable pdfs of their owners/instruction manuals on their websites. Would check there and may save you more agita ;)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I will try that route Myles, thanks!

They do offer a 20 min online consultation for registered users, unfortunatly I think I do not apply since this was a demo version.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Usually, manufacturers will cover a demo version because it was owned by the store/dealer. fewer than half will cover second-hand products with warranties. i would ask Mach 2...they might just cover you given that it was sold as demo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing