Hello From Maine (ayuh)

pure_brew

Jan 18, 2012
Hello Everyone,
This seems like a very interesting hang out. I was drawn here by a general question and this popped up in Google:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?2636-Truth-and-Tonality-can-they-co-exist

I read quite a bit but it didn't seem to conclude well, not surprised, but there were many good points of view on all sides.

Not sure that I could, if ever, qualify anything I've owned as a "best of" category. However, I love music and I've had some opportunities to enjoy music through various components throughout the past 17 years. I've worked at a few shops that are unfortunately no longer in business, selling products such as Klipsch, B&W, Snell, Nakamichi, Cal-Labs, Parasound, NAD, PS Audio, Sonus Faber, Adcom along with a big mix of Japanese brands.
I've also installed a number of home theater systems, mostly in the North Shore (MA) and had a lot of fun doing that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having some interesting discussions, and learning a thing (or two).

All the Best,
Joe

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Joe, as the one who initiated that conversation, let me welcome you to this neck of the woods! As you noted, the exchanges become quite robust at times but hopefully some elements and ideas of value do emerge at times: may you enjoy your involvement here ...

Cheers,
Frank

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Welcome to the forum Joe. You hit on one of our controversial threads above :). We have one a month like that. It encourage debate and hopefully constructive investigations into differing views.

pure_brew

Jan 18, 2012
Thank you for the warm welcomes. I almost posted there but I don't like grave-digging old topics. Plus I'm not sure I have anything to add other then my own personal perspectives.... (aka asking for trouble?)

Joe

pure_brew

Jan 18, 2012
It might be a good idea for me to just put together my view of audio in it's entirety, or at least as I see it, based on my opinions and experiences. That way people will understand where I'm coming from rather then spread it out over countless posts. More then I could accomplish tonight though lol (or this AM rather..).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing