Hdplex

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Good morning, I want to get to know the other users of the disservices to which we are forced and which we suffer due to some of the best known producers. After having published some problems encountered with Aesthetix which, not having programmed an efficient assistance center in Europe and not releasing the schematics of its products, despite them having more than twenty years of age since their commercial launch, led me to the determination to leave out of my personal box of products that I will want to buy in the future even if they made the best sounding product. Today I want to tell my experience with HDplex. About two months ago I started having problems on my homebuilt server powered by a Hdplex 400 psu. Initially I had identified the problem on the DCATX transformer always of the same brand, because by connecting the PSU directly to the motherboard through the moLex connectors everything was back to normal function normally. Consequently, having identified the problem on the DC-ATX transformer, I ordered another DCATX converter again from HDPlex (the DC-ATX 800w, IL 400 was not available). After a few days the piece arrived, I mounted it and I realized that even with this transformer mounted, the computer/streamer kept shutting down as if the PSU couldn't handle the load. consequently I deduced that the problem was in the power supply and in particular on the 4 XLR connectors (one output at 19 volts, another at 12 V and the other two at 5 volts). I repeatedly wrote to the HDPLEX explaining in every way what the problem was asking them to indicate any assistance center that was able to restore the PSU of their production. I also sent them a series of photos and also the illustrated connection diagrams with drawings that highlighted the problem encountered, obviously without obtaining a simple answer, i.e. the indication of an assistance center obviously in Europe. I would also like to point out that I am one of their customers because I have four products with their brand a DCATX 400w, a DCATX 800W, a PSU 100w and a PSU 400W and what happens is certainly not a good business card, I would be sorry to also include HDPlex among the producers who do not guarantee assistance on their products and therefore insert them in the box of the producers from which it is not convenient to buy anything. Another aspect that intrigued me is the eternal unavailability of some products offered on their site and declared unavailable for sale as they have been out of stock for some time. example: on 4 Fanless PC Chassis 2 available and 2 exhausted, on 2 gaN ATX Power Supply 1 exhausted and 1 available only in Asia, on 2 Linear Power Supplies all 2 exhausted, on 3 DC-ATX Converter 1 exhausted, 1 available and 1 not available in Europe and finally out of 4 accessories always offered on their site 1 available and 3 out of stock. This makes me think that it is a company that is making a move, I could be wrong and if not, I apologize in advance. If you don't believe me, I can forward the email exchange that took place. Sincerely

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing