Has the Jitterbug knackered my server?

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Hi everyone

A little technical advice.....

The other day I had a listen to the Jitterbug, I played it for a day or two and then removed it. Since then my server has been playing up and is now refusing to work. I was wondering if there any technical experts around that would know if there would be any reason for this e.g. software loaded onto Jitterbug that has caused a problem?

The audio from my server outputs through via fibre optic to an Adnaco S3b usb stage then via usb cable to a spdif/converter and finally via AES/EBU into the dac. There isn't another audio output from my server....no usb card etc to test if the problem lies with the Adnaco. Here's what my server is doing:

1. It loads fine, the server is showing the audio out put fine. You press play on a song, the song is highlighted but there is no sound and the track time stays at 0.00.
2. The song plays for a few seconds and then the sound goes off and the track time returns to 0.00.

I just wanted to check if there was a possibility that the Jitterbug has caused a prob before I start looking at the hardware of the server.

Many thanks for any help in advance.....

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Problem sorted, it was the Adnaco that had given up the ghost :(

Mods if you want to remove this thread to tidy up?

Thanks

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
No worries. Jitterbug is a passive device that has no software so can't have any backward effect on the server.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing