Hard Workers

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Some pets, like our boy Ronan, love being around when you are working and just have to be in on everything. The Bobcat is one of his favourite hangouts and he is right on deck when we head for the river in it. Anyone else got photos of pets who love to work?

Attachments

• Ronan-in-the-Bobcat.jpg
    Ronan-in-the-Bobcat.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 128

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
My wife has one more. She plays clarinet and while practising, left her case sitting open with her 2nd Rossi clarinet in it on top of the Velodyne. Ronan jumped up in it and the case tipped backward off the Velodyne toward her stereo stand and he settled down comfortably in the open case, totally oblivious to the heart stopping peril of dumping the whole affair on the floor. Oh yeah and it fits into the Best of Forums, cause Rossi's are the best clarinets out there.

Ronan-giving-me-a-Heart-Attack.jpg

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Here is RugRat hard at work on a Friday night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 99

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Last edited:

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The wheel looks like a good idea give them something to do in the winter other than stare at the fridge.

I read a quote in the New Yorker calling Bengals ( living room Leopards )

One person on the net said living with a Bengal was like living with a 20 pound wreaking ball with a sense of humour .

Mine is like any other cat only stronger and talks more.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Have you guys seen Savannahs? They are like miniature Cheetahs! HUGE cats - and they need space to run. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_(cat)

I have never seen a Savannah other than on the web and on the news. In Canada because of the size of Savannahs area banned in some areas . I have heard they are nice cats but big and tall. A Bengal is not much bigger than a common cat. People are scared of bigger cats as far as I know Savannahs are fine.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Many thanks Garth.
Really enjoyed them and your wife's story.
It must be never a dull moment with those characters around

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Have you guys seen Savannahs? They are like miniature Cheetahs! HUGE cats - and they need space to run. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_(cat)

Yes have many of their FB pages. Also seen Savannah's at cat shows. The are very long, beautiful and very athletic! They also like Bengals love water and will take showers with their owners. :) :( There are probably now a half dozen (?) or so exotic cat breeds.

What I love most about my Bengals is their loyalty. They're never more than a foot (or underfoot) away!
Oh, you also have to like cats that talk. While not the same pitch as a Siamese, Bengals talk incessantly.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yes have many of their FB pages. Also seen Savannah's at cat shows. The are very long, beautiful and very athletic! They also like Bengals love water and will take showers with their owners. :) :( There are probably now a half dozen (?) or so exotic cat breeds.

What I love most about my Bengals is their loyalty. They're never more than a foot (or underfoot) away!
Oh, you also have to like cats that talk. While not the same pitch as a Siamese, Bengals talk incessantly.

What Myles has said is right just to add to it Bengals in general like company yours, another cat or both. Mine likes to be picked up and carried but is not a lap cat he will stay a minute or two thats it by you not on you. The talking or yowls are mostly if he is worked up a walk you just got home and the big one FOOD. The rest of the time mine is pretty silent. They are much stronger than a alley cat jump higher if they bite it is unlikely but they have more power. May not be your best choice for a first time cat owner. Some have the runs mine did for the first month he came home. He was a 4 year old retired breeder cat a lot of his life was in a catery well cared for but not a country home type thing. They play hard they bounce like a brick and Myles is right loyal like a dog follows you around the house or the yard never far away. Outside due to their colour pattern they can be 10 feet away and you can not find them. If you are looking for them not a sound not movement some thing they will never due when the fridge door is open. The net has a lot of good info on them but all info is general each cat is its own demon and saint allin one no two the same. Loves to be scratched he can bunt hard enough to hurt. Big thick heavy their coats are one layer no under fur feels like plush they do not like the cold Asian cats they were breed from are warm weather cats. As to liking water most due mine is not getting wet for anybody no swimming no shower no rain dry warm well feed.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I have never seen a Savannah other than on the web and on the news. In Canada because of the size of Savannahs area banned in some areas . I have heard they are nice cats but big and tall. A Bengal is not much bigger than a common cat. People are scared of bigger cats as far as I know Savannahs are fine.

I think Bengals are wonderful cats - I've had friends that have had them and there's one in the neighborhood that takes down pigeons, squirrels, possums... Gorgeous photos. :)

Yeah. Savannahs are big. I've seen a small one that was boarded for a couple of days at my groomer's and they left him out most of the time - putting up all the other cats when they did as he was far too large for the small cages they put cats in.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing