Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction - Mobile Fidelity Remaster?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Has anyone heard this? How does it compare to the G N' R Best of which was remastered in '04? Is this a truly great remaster or just an ok one? Thanks for any guidance!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Has anyone heard this? How does it compare to the G N' R Best of which was remastered in '04? Is this a truly great remaster or just an ok one? Thanks for any guidance!

Don't know about 2004 HG, but the MoFi Appetite is excellent. Unfortunately, I have not seen it for less than ridiculous collector money on Amazon. It is far, far superior to the original CD.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Don't know about 2004 HG, but the MoFi Appetite is excellent. Unfortunately, I have not seen it for less than ridiculous collector money on Amazon. It is far, far superior to the original CD.

Thanks!

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
Sorry in advance if this is of no interest/help....

I have an original copy with banned cover on uzi/suicide label & it sounds pretty good to me. Not sure if people out there complained about boosted treble & little bass concerning the original, but my copy sounds pretty darn good, better than the CD. It's quiet, clear vocals/instruments, & warm sounding actually. I haven't heard the MoFi so I can't compare.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Mdabb,

thanks for that. i have not heard of that...interesting. is that a remaster or a different 'pressing' of the CD?

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
Just realized the original album & cassette were mastered at Sterling Sound. So I'm thinking/guessing the CD uses a different master. Which is why I feel the record sounds better.

From Discogs:
Recorded at: Rumbo Studios, Canoga Park, CA. Take One Studio, Burbank, CA. Can Am Studio, Tarzana, CA. Mixed At: Media Sound, NYC. Album and Cassette Originally Mastered at Sterling Sound, NYC.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just realized the original album & cassette were mastered at Sterling Sound. So I'm thinking/guessing the CD uses a different master. Which is why I feel the record sounds better.

From Discogs:
Recorded at: Rumbo Studios, Canoga Park, CA. Take One Studio, Burbank, CA. Can Am Studio, Tarzana, CA. Mixed At: Media Sound, NYC. Album and Cassette Originally Mastered at Sterling Sound, NYC.

Thanks! Good to know!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing