Greetings

Fatih

Aug 12, 2011
Greetings to everybody. My name is Fatih Akisik. I am an academic radiologist has been involved in this hobby for almost 30 years but more commitment in last 12 years. I had many different systems in my basement with recent upgrade I believe that I got to best system that I can afford. I used have turntable a based system but changed to completely a server based system with use of Lumin and server. I am happier than before since I have more time to listen to music than cleaning vinyl records.

I have been passively reading your posts and like the quality of contributors and topics. I learned a lot about Hi-FI music, gears and room acoustics. I would like thank all of you.

My other hobby is photography since my middle school years, travel a lot and working on for a web site.

Attachments

• DSC00860.jpg
    DSC00860.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 139

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Greetings to everybody. My name is Fatih Akisik. I am an academic radiologist has been involved in this hobby for almost 30 years but more commitment in last 12 years. I had many different systems in my basement with recent upgrade I believe that I got to best system that I can afford. I used have turntable a based system but changed to completely a server based system with use of Lumin and server. I am happier than before since I have more time to listen to music than cleaning vinyl records.

I have been passively reading your posts and like the quality of contributors and topics. I learned a lot about Hi-FI music, gears and room acoustics. I would like thank all of you.

My other hobby is photography since my middle school years, travel a lot and working on for a web site.

Welcome aboard!!! Nice room! What amps and speakers are you using there?

Selling your vinyl? :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Welcome Faith...

We expect you to post more... Contributions from all are welcomed. You'll like it here ...

Great looking room! BTW... More pics ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome Fatih!

Looks like Q7s with the big Chord amps Myles. :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Welcome Fatih!

Looks like Q7s with the big Chord amps Myles. :)

You might be right, it's the bass towers in the back that confused me. The big Chords sounded nice on the Estelons at CES this year. Should be nice combo with the Q7s. Very quiet and lots of low level, fine detail.

Fatih

Aug 12, 2011
My system

You might be right, it's the bass towers in the back that confused me. The big Chords sounded nice on the Estelons at CES this year. Should be nice combo with the Q7s. Very quiet and lots of low level, fine detail.

My system: Magico Q7, Chord SPM 14000MKII, CPA 8000, Lumin server, Shunyata Anacondo ETRON and Tara Gold sneaks, REL G1 sub.

Room treatment: from GIK and Dual Acoustics
MylesBastor; I am not giving up my Vinyls yet.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Big screen, Big amps, Big speakers, whats not to like, nice and neat, great room.

Fatih

Aug 12, 2011
More pictures

Welcome Fatih...

We expect you to post more... Contributions from all are welcomed. You'll like it here ...

Great looking room! BTW... More pics ;)

Side and back walls.

Attachments

• DSC00866.jpg
    DSC00866.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 67

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Big screen, Big amps, Big speakers, whats not to like, nice and neat, great room.
+ 1. The bass in that room must be phenomenal with the Q7's & all those subs! :eek: A possible upgrade path with your subs could be replacing all 6 Rel's with one QSub 18 or a couple of QSub 15's ;)

Fatih

Aug 12, 2011
+ 1. The bass in that room must be phenomenal with the Q7's & all those subs! :eek: A possible upgrade path with your subs could be replacing all 6 Rel's with one QSub 18 or a couple of QSub 15's ;)

I added subs pair by pair until the best bass result in my room over a year to avoid possible overkill. I can't think of any system without subs.

I don't have any idea about Magico Q subs since I did not listen to them. I am very happy with REL G1 subs and their very quick respond to demanding music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing