Greetings from the high seas.

Robert_Anderson

Member Sponsor
Welcome Robert.

All this radar grass talk got me thinking about the first radars I worked on, precision approach and weather radar, all tubes, and I actually could understand the entire signal flow. The last radar I worked on, Doppler weather radar, was so heavily computerized that I had no clue what the hell it was really doing. That's kind of why I still enjoy audio, you can actually understand each step of the signal process. It is cool that you actually have "that much" room to yourself on board. And I also de really enjoy headphones, choose the one that best reflects the musical mood I am in, that's hard to do with speakers. For example, I switched to my Sennhesier HD 380 pros last night because I wanted to really hear everything that was going on in the music vs my more laid back hd 650's.

I have not heard the 380 Pros. Good headphones are a must on the ship for sanity. Here are a few from the collection I have out here (very old photo, some are in my house now):

HP2.jpg

HP3.jpg

I seldom listen to headphones when I am home simply because I miss my Magenapans so much.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Any particular headphone your favorite? How about favorite headphone under $300? thanks for the advice.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My favorites are Sennheiser HE 60's and Stax SR-009's (not pictured). I would check out the Focal headphones, I think they are just a tad under $300.

Thanks! i have always recommended Sennheisers to non-audiophile friends looking for a safe recommendation. I bought a pair of Sennheisers for my Dad years ago with noise cancelling for when he flies and wants to watch movies (with hearing aids, the free ones dont work for him at all).

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Nice system for being afloat. Nice to someone using a RSA raptor. They are not all that common. I enjoy my Raptor with Senn HD600's for early morning or late evening listening. Enjoy the stars out at sea, nothing like a dark sky far from shore.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing