Greetings from DC

Jond

Oct 31, 2015
Hi all,
I was just turned onto this site by Albert Porter on a thread over on Audigon, I've been looking around looks like a cool place. Been doing the audio thing about 15 years now and I've reached a point for me where I'm so happy with the sound I'm getting that any significant upgrades would probably be way more than I want to spend component wise. So working around the margins, better cables, better tubes, etc. Pretty much settled into streaming via Sonos and love Tidal. A Deadhead and Phishhead, with pretty varied musical tastes, just not really into classical, vintage jazz is my classical music I suppose. Anyway nice to be here I look forward to chatting and learning and hopefully not looking to stupid, some of you guys are way beyond me it seems. Here is a link to my system on Audiogon: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5188
Cheers,
Jon

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Jon! There's a good mix of members here and I'm sure you'll get acquainted with them as you post. I'm an analog guy through and through within my main system, but I do enjoy my PC-based digital sounds and various Blu-ray concerts from time to time. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello sir and please allow me to offer you a warm welcome to the WBF. Nice system you have there, especially for only being in the hobby for 15 years. One thing you will find here is a diverse appreciation for ALL types of music, regardless of genre and regardless of the recording quality (Though we do have some recommendations that are serious contenders in the extreme Higher Fidelity league). There are many here who are appreciative of some of the recommendations offered here. Anyhoo, we hope you enjoy the forum.

Tom

Jond

Oct 31, 2015
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and the nice words on my system treitz3! Like many of us I was a serious gear churner at the beginning when i found Audiogon but finally got tired of taking various tube amps I would pick up on Audiogon to Deja Vu for repairs, only to have Vu cannily loan me amps that always sounded much better. So I finally broke down and bought an amp from him, and not much later found someone selling a used Deja Vu preamp on Audiogon, and voila happiness. I haven't changed either piece in going on 10 years now. When my cd player broke down I decided to go the streaming route and haven't really looked back.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Sounds like you trust your ears. I have much respect for you already. ;)

Tom

Jond

Oct 31, 2015
What a nice thing to say thanks Tom! I do trust my ears and also living in an 800 sp ft condo with a decor conscious GF kind of naturally limits how far I can take things! Probably for the best :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing