Greetings from Cape Town

Mr Bojangles

Aug 28, 2012
Hello

My first post.

I'm a new member here and prefer to play vinyl.

My kit is mostly old gear such as Leak Stereo 20, Dynaco SCA35, Quad, Micro, Micro Seiki, Nagatron, Tandberg, Nagra, and my latest acquisition, a lovely Kenwood KA-701 integrated. And of course some gear my wife either doesn't know about (yet) or would like to throw out with the trash, together with the undersigned.

My turntables are mostly Garrard 301's (5 altogether:eek:,), a Micro Seiki BL-51 and a Micro MR-711.

I'm looking forward to exchange views on music, gear and life in general.

Cheers all.

Mr Bojangles

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Welcome to the forum. I repaired tons of Garrard tuntables when I was going to college :). I lived in Florida then and people who lived there only during the winter, would find them gummed up and not functional when left without use.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Welcome Mr.Bojangles. See you're in Cape Town, I will be going down there for my 16th visit at the end of the year. Hopefully the weather will be a little warmer than when I was there in July..BLOODY Freezing:eek:

Mr Bojangles

Aug 28, 2012
Thank you, DaveyF

This year was no exception - rain, hail and more rain. We haven't seen the sun properly for days.

Cheers

Mr Bojangles

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Welcome Mr. B. I'm relatively new too~ this place is chock full of riches and the contributors are an astute bunch. You'll have fun here.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Welcome Mr Bojangles - My phono cart comes from the country you are now based!...a place I would really like to visit.

Mr Bojangles

Aug 28, 2012
Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen.

Yeah, Cape Town is beautiful but we've had one of the coldest winters ever. I have lived here all my life and wouldn't change it for anywhere else.

@flez007

That's interesting. I didn't know someone makes needles here;)

Regards

Mr Bojangles

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Good morning and welcome to the WBF, Mr. Bojangles. Glad to see you here.

Tom

jdza

May 3, 2010
hhmmm.. doesn´t look like a Blue Angel from those angles, here is a pic of the Mantis:

Hi flez007

It is the Blue Angel Lola. It is an entirely new cartridge developed by Blue Angel specifically for use in EMT arms.It is a drop in substitute for the TSD 15 series. In this Blue Angel has implemented everything he has learned about cartridge manufacture in nearly 2 decades.It is a one off and judging by the buckets of blood Mr. Hanekom has sweated in its construction ,I doubt if he would be willing to build another

Like the character Lola Lola in the film Blue Angel it besots its new owner,forcing him to rethink his priorities and what is possible in vinyl playback. Hopefully ,unlike the character in the film, it will not drive him to self destruction and death.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi flez007

It is the Blue Angel Lola. It is an entirely new cartridge developed by Blue Angel specifically for use in EMT arms.It is a drop in substitute for the TSD 15 series. In this Blue Angel has implemented everything he has learned about cartridge manufacture in nearly 2 decades.It is a one off and judging by the buckets of blood Mr. Hanekom has sweated in its construction ,I doubt if he would be willing to build another

Like the character Lola Lola in the film Blue Angel it besots its new owner,forcing him to rethink his priorities and what is possible in vinyl playback. Hopefully ,unlike the character in the film, it will not drive him to self destruction and death.

Good to know! I was not aware of its existence . unfortunately I have just sold my last EMT turntable (I will be kicking myself for doing it I am sure...) - but very happy with my Mantis :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing