Golden Ear Triton One Speakers......$$$

I have 3 pairs of these sitting in my garage (still in boxes) awaiting the completion of my new home theater room. I feel they're a great value/performance ratio product.

Lee

They sound very good for the working man! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srJ3lVvvTA
What's wrong with the working man? That sounds a little condescending. The Triton Ones are award winners for 2015: Stereophile's Speaker of the year (shared with the $25000 Kef Blade); and Absolute Sound's Product of the Year. They are presently playing in my two-channel system, the best I have ever heard. Nothing wrong with having state-of-the-art speakers designed by Sandy Gross with a few euros to spare. Seriously, these are serious speakers.

Last edited:
I have six of them in my theater up & running and am more than pleased. I have a total of 8 subwoofers spread around the room and the bass response is excellent in every seat. They are also very good at 2-channel music from redbook to higher-res files.

Lee

Original post edited for personal remarks and this quote deleted to avoid duplicating those remarks. Gentlemen, please choose your words with regard to content. There was no call for the portions that have been edited. Thank you.

Lee

Spazmatron: Your obscene insult to a member and his family shouldn't be tolerated on this forum. Besides, Detlof did not ask you the question so why didn't you mind your own business?

Last edited by a moderator:
To RBFC. If you are a moderator of this forum, please check Spazmatron's post and my comment. Thanks.

I agree with your concerns and hope that we can set a higher standard for our conversations here.

Lee
Cascais and RBFC , please just hold one for a minute. I have Spazmatrons original comment in my mail and he actually did insult neither Audio Karma nor his family. He was paraphrasing Audio Karmas " working man " statement and later refering to himself as a son of a working man. Please read more carefully before being politically correct.
Quite frankly, I also found Audio Karmas statement inacceptable, because it can be interpreted as an insult to working class man everywhere. I was also ready to pounce, but wanted to wait first for AK' reply, which of course was not forthcoming. You are of course free to censure, but in my opinion AKs statement was in shockingly bad taste and an insult as well and should have been taken down in the first place. Sad to see that you fell for the obvious, but failed to understand that some form of reaction was also called for to AKs post, which shows an attitude, which you seem to seem to be able to accept more easily, because four letter words were not being used. To my mind there are worse things than those used to insult. Spaz's heavy handed sarcasm and choice of words can of course be critizised, but what you have obviously failed to see, that he had every right to feel insulted. "Working class " here in Europe, as Cascais should know, is a derogatory term and I strongly feel that AK should either explain himself or have his post eliminated.:mad:

Last edited:
Hello Detlof and good evening to you. Some comments made were of bad taste. Please understand that the What's Best Forum has a certain standard and said post(s) did not fall within said standard. While we do respect your opinion as well as that of all members, the management team decided that some comments fell out of line to the acceptable standards in which we would like to achieve at the WBF. We are better than that and we would like to hold ourselves to a higher standard than what was posted. With that said, it is requested that all further posts remain on topic.

It is respectful to those who are members of this forum as well as guests that would like to read about what forum members here have to say about this particular speaker. ;)

Tom

Hello Detlof and good evening to you. Some comments made were of bad taste. Please understand that the What's Best Forum has a certain standard and said post(s) did not fall within said standard. While we do respect your opinion as well as that of all members, the management team decided that some comments fell out of line to the acceptable standards in which we would like to achieve at the WBF. We are better than that and we would like to hold ourselves to a higher standard than what was posted. With that said, it is requested that all further posts remain on topic.

It is respectful to those who are members of this forum as well as guests that would like to read about what forum members here have to say about this particular speaker. ;)

Tom

Hello Tom,
With all due respect to your work and of course to the rules as well, which govern the conduct within this forum, I cannot help but feel that you are evading the issue. I do not dispute that Spazmatrons remarks can be thought to be offensive and thus struck from the register, what I do dispute however is your silence about AKs original post, which though without foul language is similarly offensive to my mind.
I am off this thread now, the speakers in question do not hold my interest.

Detlof. To set the record straight I too objected to the implied insult to the working man in AK's post. Read my comment: "What's wrong with the working man? That sounds a little condescending" which was aimed at the "good enough" statement. I consider the term working man a badge of honor. However I prefer to discuss the merits of the Triton One speakers, no matter what class of individual uses them.

What is the enclosure, some kind of low resonate plastic? It must be. Their price is absurdly low for something with all that inside of it. They must source them from China or such, too. But all in all I guess kudos are due!

Last edited:
If you look at our review of the Triton Five on SoundStage! Access, you can see what their cabinets are made of: MDF. We also reviewed the Triton One (I did, actually), but the images mainly show driver shots, not the cabinet itself -- but it's similar.

Doug Schneider
SoundStage!

I am purchasing the Triton One speakers and consider them to deliver the best sound that has ever been in my system. (I described my impressions elsewhere but was blown away on first hearing and continue to be as these speakers brim with life.) However the "low" (i.e. realistic) price seems to be a negative in some peoples' minds and brings up the issue of audiophile snobbery, as earlier occurred in this thread. Let me quote Greg Petan from his excellent review in Dagogo:

'At some point you have to ask yourself as an audiophile, and as a human being for that matter, “Who am I? Where am I going? And what am I doing right now to get there?” It is so easy to fall into snobbery in this hobby, never mind how easy it is to get lost in the vast canyons of system building hell. I’ve been there and it ain’t no fun.

'This experience has been a real eye, ear and mind opener. The Golden Ear Triton One will not appeal to the audiophile that wears his system like some kind of cloak of self-esteem, making up for other short comings. The Triton One is for the music lover who trusts his or her ears while possessing enough fortitude to shake off the turned-up noses from the multitude of snobs that populate this hobby.

'Unbelievably capable, accessible to the music lover of nearly any realistic budget and from the lineage of true audiophile royalty, stating the Golden Ear Triton One is a no brainer simply does not go far enough. I will go out on a limb and state the Golden Ear Triton One may be the finest deal in all of high-end audio.'

Well put, Mr. Petan.

The Triton Ones are so good I don't know whether to listen to them or bow down and worship them, like the monolith in 2001 a Space Odyssey! :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing