Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
707AB140-8D82-4287-ACD8-CEB70DA08307.jpeg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thank you all for coming by the room if you did. This was physically the most difficult show we ever did . Unreal travel issues both going and coming and with the extremely late arrival both my business partnewr and myself were just wasted. We survived it and on to the nextr time.
Thank you all

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you all for coming by the room if you did. This was physically the most difficult show we ever did . Unreal travel issues both going and coming and with the extremely late arrival both my business partnewr and myself were just wasted. We survived it and on to the nextr time.
Thank you all

The logistics of shipping and handling and unpacking and positioning loudspeakers of that size and weight seem very daunting to me.

I think it was KeithR who commented that your room is a beautiful room for a cocktail party, but it looks like a difficult room acoustically for audio.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The logistics of shipping and handling and unpacking and positioning loudspeakers of that size and weight seem very daunting to me.

I think it was KeithR who commented that your room is a beautiful room for a cocktail party, but it looks like a difficult room acoustically for audio.
That is true because the club lounge is set up for a party. The space behind the curtains in back of the speakers is a full kitchen with wall to wall fridges and the side wall is all glass looking out on a terrace with the views of Schaumberg. The rooms , especially the large rooms are very hard to come by and unless I can get a different one this is the best they have to offer. Its also one of the most expensive spaces there as well which to be frank is nuts since it might be one of the most difficult to tame.
Shows are very hit or miss. The best room we have at any show was PAF and that was a new show with not much attendance. Its jus the way this stuff works. The room was however packed most of the time, we were standing and lying on the floor room only for the Jeff Beck events and over all by late Saturday and Sunday the gear started to open up and sound quite good. We had so many wonderful comments and I think two buyers for the Noblesse. For us however if someone is interested in purchasing our speakers I think they would find making the trip to either Florida and/or now Olivers new building to hear them in agood space.
The rest is what we can do in a mediocre space in a very short time. FYI Ron we got in Thursday late afternoon becasue of the weather and the first sound made in the room was at 1130 that night, at which point I decided that I would never get the subs in the system and went to bed. I woke up and spent about one hour tuning the next day and then the show starts. Not ideal but that was the story of Axpona 2023.
Fun LOL oh yeah just me and my business partner cleared the room , unpacked and set that stuff up. Truly I am too old for this kind of work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Just for information the freight costs and dreyage to go to the show was around 4000.00 The costs to return will be higher so the total is around 9000-10000 and we have our own insurance or it would be much higher. For those interested the room cost this year was 15000 and around 2000 for the show guide add. The prices are rising for 2024.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think you were wise to pass on the Sovereigns in that room.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I think you were wise to pass on the Sovereigns in that room.
LOL it was never in consideration. Sovereigns are for me only a Germany factory product. They need to be in a permanent installation.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Oh, sorry, then what subwoofers are you referring to here?
the Divin Sovereigns - I brought them but never got them into the system just didnt have the time. Sorry Ron I am tired I replied thinking you meant the Majestics not the Sovereigns. LOL

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I finally got to meet Eliot and it was very refreshing. he is as much in person as he is in his posts. a very honest to the point person. I get a little why he says he is tired.
his room was very well balanced not a hint of anything offending yet had all the details of the song I asked him to play.
I did go back a few times and every time it was really good . there were a few really good rooms and each was different and this makes me wonder what is correct.
we may like various color in music and this may lead us to fewer songs that have a good balance in our systems.
What I think his room was showing was a very balanced sound system and this alone may take time to develop in our brains. it’s truly free of artifacts , we do have learn to accept a reality we have learned is in part false.
he commented on his not being able to get his subs in place. now my first thought was did you need them ? but him being in the business for a lifetime and saying yes again makes me think . I’m sure he is correct.
I look forward to seeing and learning while hearing again.
thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I finally got to meet Eliot and it was very refreshing. he is as much in person as he is in his posts. a very honest to the point person. I get a little why he says he is tired.
his room was very well balanced not a hint of anything offending yet had all the details of the song I asked him to play.
I did go back a few times and every time it was really good . there were a few really good rooms and each was different and this makes me wonder what is correct.
we may like various color in music and this may lead us to fewer songs that have a good balance in our systems.
What I think his room was showing was a very balanced sound system and this alone may take time to develop in our brains. it’s truly free of artifacts , we do have learn to accept a reality we have learned is in part false.
he commented on his not being able to get his subs in place. now my first thought was did you need them ? but him being in the business for a lifetime and saying yes again makes me think . I’m sure he is correct.
I look forward to seeing and learning while hearing again.
thanks
Hey Al, thanks for coming in and we finally getting the chance to meet and talk. I am glad that you enjoyed what you heard . I do apppreciate the kind words.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing