Giant telescope begins search for alien life

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I saw the first news couple days ago, a prelude, but now it's the main event. And it fits perfectly with all the latest news about space, the Large Hadron Collider's latest project..."Wake" on June 24, 2016 - with Stephen Hawking's latest film:

...with Europa (NASA's discoveries of water "plumes" which can lead to life, perhaps alien's life), with other possible habitable planets, stars, with "Be careful communicating with Aliens, and being invited", with so many new discoveries in Geneva from the LHC (the sky above the LHC, three months ago, and other more secret news about new discoveries that were never imaginable), ...brief with the conquest of space and beyond, plus possibly recreating the universe with the Big Bang. It is mind boggling today's the largest telescopes to view and listen miles away in space, way far far away...

The top scientists from CERN are an amazing bunch, some with intellect quotient way above 200, from what I've read.

That new telescope in China is humongous. Like you I'm super fascinated with man's space technologies and scientific space inventions to observe and learn and listen, including our own audio hobby. ...In the pursuit of pushing the envelope. It's in our nature, it's in man's nature.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
? http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tech...-life/ar-BBwDl0g?li=BBoPWjQ&OCID=ansmsnnews11

China might find aliens before everyone else.

"The world's largest radio telescope began searching for signals from stars and galaxies and, perhaps, extraterrestrial life Sunday in a project demonstrating China's rising ambitions in space and its pursuit of international scientific prestige."

I sure hope that telescope is capable of peeking into the earth. I just heard for the first time a few weeks ago that Nazi Germany had military bases in the Antartica and there apparently are plenty of youtube videos that discuss this. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZ6yGPvHuc

Then a week ago I come across some videos documenting Admiral Byrd's flight over the Arctic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZMu3gJfXIQ

In this day and age, anything seems possible.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When you've got trillions of extra money to burn, why not? China has made that 'thousand leap' a reality in the last 2 decades. Their money is now converted into military and space spendings, big time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing